Got $2000 To Spend on FSA Parts - What should I Buy??

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

joeg26er

by joeg26er

Due to some fortunate circumstances - I have Got $2000 To Spend on FSA Parts - What should I Buy??

I really don't need anything currently so probably going to (shhhh) trade off / barter off these items thus I would like to know what you guys feel is high demand/value and thus easier trade off?

vertr

by vertr

Wait for their electronic group to drop and then put it on ebay.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bremerradkurier

by bremerradkurier

How about their Powerbox power meter in carbon for $1100 or so?

joeg26er

by joeg26er

Are their carbon road or MTB handlebars any good?

vertr

by vertr

joeg26er wrote:Are their carbon road or MTB handlebars any good?

Better than their cranks.

kgt

by kgt

+1
Their headsets and brakes are not bad either

RussellS

by RussellS

joeg26er wrote:Are their carbon road or MTB handlebars any good?

I am using FSA carbon road handlebars. And FSA aluminum stem. No complaints about either part. Other than the bars being too wide, but that was my mistake. Not really sure I would want anything else with FSA logo on it.

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

vertr wrote:Wait for their electronic group to drop and then put it on ebay.

That made me laugh and it is a perfect solution to this FSA dilemma. :thumbup:

jbaillie

by jbaillie

You could go the wait-for-WE groupset route, although I've never seen a product release held off so much I'm wondering if there are problems with it.

OR

Does it also apply to Vision? A set of Metron 40's is $2K.

OR

You say your bars are too wide? The Metron 5D bar/stem combo looks pretty dope. (FSA also make the "Plasma" under their own branding.)

RussellS

by RussellS

jbaillie wrote:You say your bars are too wide? The Metron 5D bar/stem combo looks pretty dope. (FSA also make the "Plasma" under their own branding.)

I'll assume this comment was directed at me since I am the one who said his FSA bars were too wide. I had extra skinny bars as a youth. So when I got old and could buy my own bars I went in the extreme opposite direction. Bought 46cm bars. They are too wide for me. I'm kind of narrow up top. FSA 46cm bars also seem wider than TTT 46cm bars. But I still enjoy riding the bike. If I think long and deep, I realize my bars are too wide and ideally I should have narrower bars. But doing that would involve trying to sell the old bars. And buying new bars. And wrapping them. Lot of cost and trouble involved switching bars. My FSA carbon bars are not cheap. They were expensive when I bought them 7 years ago and probably still expensive now. Want to stay with carbon bars just because I already have them on the bike. Selling used carbon bars? Spending big bucks for new ones. I have enough troubles in my life that I don't need to manufacture my own. The NEXT time I build up a bike, I'll be smarter and get the right bar width.

MyM3Coupe

by MyM3Coupe

I wouldn't spend anything on their crap.

joeg26er

by joeg26er

MyM3Coupe wrote:I wouldn't spend anything on their crap.

What bad parts/experience did you have?

Marin

by Marin

To me their most interesting parts are their "gravel" cranks because they are basically the only ones in the market to offer a very useful 30/46 chainring combo.

Their bars are also pretty good IMO.

Shrike

by Shrike

FSA compact bars are some of the best shaped on the market. Just rebuilt my endurance bike, would love these for it:

http://shop.fullspeedahead.com/en/type/ ... lebar-3237

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jeffy

by jeffy

^+1 on FSA compact barshape (and length of the drops). RE: sizing it is important to note that the bars are measured c-to-c in the drops (which flare out) so a 42cm bar is equivalent to 40cm at the hoods.