Specialized unveils new Allez

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

gsindela

by gsindela

From bikeradar.com:
http://www.bikeradar.com/us/road/news/a ... ils-50150/

Also from Cycling News: http://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/produ ... deo-184000

Specialized Allez

Specialized has also lifted the veil on a new version its alloy roadie, the Allez.

Made from the brand's E5 Alloy, Specialized says it allows for 'aggressive butting profiles' (i.e. varied tube thickness) and allowed them to save a claimed 450g for the new frame.

The geometry on the new Allez Sport has been relaxed, resembling the Roubaix more than the Tarmac — Specialized is still offering the Allez Sprint, which features the brand’s Smartweld technology and is as stiff and racy as ever.

Based on data from Retul the new bike sees a slightly taller head tube and a longer wheelbase in an effort to provide a stable and predictable ride.

The new Allez sees a compact rear triangle, internal cable routeing and rack and fender mounts
The new Allez sees a compact rear triangle, internal cable routeing and rack and fender mounts
We spotted Quick-Step Floors rider Dan Martin aboard what appears to be a new Tarmac at Criterium du Dauphine, which has dropped chainstays and it appears the Allez Sport is following suit with a compact rear triangle. While Specialized says the dropped stays are the result of daily trips to the wind tunnel, we’d guess they also play a major role in adding vertical compliance as well.

The new Allez also sees a tapered head tube and brand new fork, which the brand says is derived from the Tarmac. The full carbon fork is claimed to be stiffer and lighter, and by removing the additional junction between a carbon crown and alloy steerer tube, Specialized say it can better tune the ride quality of the bike to provide a more comfortable ride.

Given that the Allez occupies the entry level of Specalized’s road range, it’s no surprise to see rack and fender mounts — combined with the more relaxed geometry it could also serve as a reliable commuter.

The new Allez also comes stock with a Body Geometry saddle, short drop handlebars and features internal cables to complete the clean aesthetic.
2015 Storck Scenero G3, Force 22, Ultegra wheels, Zipp AL bars, stem, post

Imaking20

by Imaking20

I would be totally shocked if the new Allez shaved 450g over the previous Smartweld which was already in the 1200ish range IIRC. Also, I'd buy one.

Edit: should have read the second article first. The 450g savings is for the elite model. Which was a pig.
Last edited by Imaking20 on Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

Peep that BB drop tho, thats ridic.

jobvisser

by jobvisser

Imaking20 wrote:I would be totally shocked if the new Allez shaved 450g over the previous Smartweld which was already in the 1200ish range IIRC. Also, I'd buy one.

Probably 450g lighter for the smallest size withoutpaint VS a 63cm with White glossy paint.... just as their new TT Bike was 30% more aero Compared to their ENDURANCE bike
Last edited by jobvisser on Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
---> :oops: Send me a pm to order world's lightest low carbon fiber dust covers! (1g) :oops: <---

morganb

by morganb

They also changed it from identical geometry to the Tarmac to fondo geo.

themidge

by themidge

What's with the mismatched shifters in the second last pic on bikeradar? :noidea:

nemeseri

by nemeseri

morganb wrote:They also changed it from identical geometry to the Tarmac to fondo geo.

What if this is the new tarmac's (2018) geo?

raisinberry777

by raisinberry777

nemeseri wrote:
morganb wrote:They also changed it from identical geometry to the Tarmac to fondo geo.

What if this is the new tarmac's (2018) geo?

Highly doubt it, the Tarmac isn't exactly aimed at first time buyers. Makes sense for the Allez range.

jlmcabral

by jlmcabral

From CyclingTips:

https://cyclingtips.com/2017/06/2018-sp ... ces-specs/

This new Allez looks good! I just can't wait to see it with a red hook color scheme! :D

bikemaniack

by bikemaniack

Guys,I can tell you,that i have seen the new Tarmac,and it look very very good.

Thenuge

by Thenuge

The new Allez looks good but it's extremely relaxed geometry. There's a LOT of stack.

jlmcabral

by jlmcabral

Does anyone know when the prices If the new Allez will bem announced?

pyrahna

by pyrahna

jlmcabral wrote:Does anyone know when the prices If the new Allez will bem announced?

The new Allez are already on Specialized's web site with prices and specs, at least the U.S. version. Right now https://www.specialized.com/us/en/men/bikes/road/performance/allez is a mix of old Allez, new Allez, and Allez Sprints. The easiest way to tell the diff from the pictures is the Allez Sprint has the dropped seat stays & the aero seat post, the new Allez has just the dropped seat stays, and the old Allez has neither.

idiotgap

by idiotgap

First time poster, please be gentle with me and forgive a few years lurking...

Just to say, I have a 2009 Allez sport as a beater, it's the bike I bought used in 2014 to break a 20 year break from cycling. It has rack and fender mounts, but I believe they were dropped for the following year and not seen since. Interesting they are cool again.

Here it is with the rack I fitted to ride to the 2015 Le Mans 24hr (hence electrical tape martini stripes).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jlmcabral

by jlmcabral

pyrahna wrote:The new Allez are already on Specialized's web site with prices and specs, at least the U.S. version. Right now https://www.specialized.com/us/en/men/bikes/road/performance/allez is a mix of old Allez, new Allez, and Allez Sprints. The easiest way to tell the diff from the pictures is the Allez Sprint has the dropped seat stays & the aero seat post, the new Allez has just the dropped seat stays, and the old Allez has neither.

I was looking on GB website adn there was no information there! Many thanks for the info!

Specialized will launch a new red hook edition colour scheme. Let's see how will it turn out! Can't wait to see it!!! :D