Thoughts on the 2018 BMC Teammachine?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

TonyM

by TonyM

bilwit wrote:
TonyM wrote:I love that BMC Teammachine!!

--> Is there enough space between the front tire (a 25mm tire, measuring actually 26-27mm) and the down tube so that you can use some clip-on fenders/ mudguards on a 2018 BMC Teammachine?

Like the SKS raceblades:
http://www.sks-germany.com/en/products/ ... o-black-2/

hmm hard to say, but I would imagine there would be just enough clearance. Here's the fit with the Raceblades with 23mm tire on 24mm wide FLO45s:

Thank for having taken the time to check for me! :thumbup:

That looks good! I suppose it could indeed be a tight fit depending on the real size of the tire and the rims but it seems possible at least.
This point is important to me as I intend to use the Teamxmachine Disc as a "rain bike".

Actually I intended to buy a Roadmachine02 (with integrated fenders/ mudguards) but it seems that the handling is really much different than a real race bike like the Teamxmachine. And I want to ride in the winter and in the rain also with a race bike 8)

twoangstroms

by twoangstroms

Off topic but props to the comic library choices.

bilwit wrote:Picked it up today

I'll make its own thread for this when I have it built, but I don't have a fancy camera.

All the bits that came with it:
Frame Sz54+Fork+Seatpost+Bottom Bracket+Compression Plug 1.620kg
BMC Stem 110mm 163.7g (thinking about putting an Extralite Hyperstem on there instead.. would save 80g.. not sure if I want to risk the fork though)
Fork (uncut) 340g
Compression Plug 29.8g

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TonyM

by TonyM

--> Are these the Shimano C40 or C60?

ninjasloth wrote:
AndreLM wrote:Also like the rim brake version, but it is not clear if one can route electronic shifting through the stem as the disc brake version.

Looks like rimbrake with ICS is the way
to go.

bilwit

by bilwit

TonyM wrote:--> Are these the Shimano C40 or C60?

Definitely C40s. They just look more pronounced in the pic because Porte rides a kid's size bike :lol:

TonyM

by TonyM

Yes he is 172 cm (approx. 5'8) and his Teamxmachine is size 47.

I am 171cm and I have just ordered a Roadmachine in size 51...but I don't race any more... :mrgreen:
Should arrive end of October/ beginning of November.

Now the next project would be my Teammachine SLR01 disc for the spring (or winter).
For this I am now waiting for the availability of the Shimano Dura Ace powermeter and the availability of the Shimano C40 disc clincher.... :wink:

I could see one Teammachine SLR01 Disc in the Team red colour today and the colour really looks good! :thumbup:
However the down tube is really big and certainly not very aero :evil: (and I usually bike alone, so aero is also a concern for me unfortunately).

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

I always thought he was shorter because I knew he rode 47/48cm bikes. If he really is 5'8" that's one of the most extreme downsizings in the peloton. I believe Cav rode a really small Specialized with Quickstep too.

TonyM

by TonyM

How far are you with your build? any pictures?

I'll make its own thread for this when I have it built, but I don't have a fancy camera.

bilwit

by bilwit

TonyM wrote:How far are you with your build? any pictures?

I've had it built for a few weeks now, was going to wait a bit until I could get my hands on a camera to do it justice but since you asked, I made a thread:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=147890

TonyM

by TonyM

bilwit wrote:
TonyM wrote:How far are you with your build? any pictures?

I've had it built for a few weeks now, was going to wait a bit until I could get my hands on a camera to do it justice but since you asked, I made a thread:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=147890

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Conza

by Conza

Q: what would the weight of this:https://www.bmc-switzerland.com/au-en/bikes/road/altitude-teammachine-slr01_disc-one/ likely end up being?

Size 56.
It's all about the adventure :o .

TonyM

by TonyM

Conza wrote:Q: what would the weight of this:https://www.bmc-switzerland.com/au-en/bikes/road/altitude-teammachine-slr01_disc-one/ likely end up being?

Size 56.

The 2018 Teammachine SLR01 Disc Team with Dura Ace Di2 is claimed to be 15.5lbs (=7.0kg).
So with Ultegra Di2 instead of the Dura Ace Di2 you would add approx. 250-260g and the DT Spline instead of the DT Dicut would add approx. 50g. So it should be approx. 16.09 lbs (=7.3kg) I would say.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

I would guess around 7.5kg without pedals.

TonyM left out the heavier bars and saddle.

Conza

by Conza

TonyM wrote:
Conza wrote:Q: what would the weight of this:https://www.bmc-switzerland.com/au-en/bikes/road/altitude-teammachine-slr01_disc-one/ likely end up being?
Size 56.

The 2018 Teammachine SLR01 Disc Team with Dura Ace Di2 is claimed to be 15.5lbs (=7.0kg).
So with Ultegra Di2 instead of the Dura Ace Di2 you would add approx. 250-260g and the DT Spline instead of the DT Dicut would add approx. 50g. So it should be approx. 16.09 lbs (=7.3kg) I would say.

TobinHatesYou wrote:I would guess around 7.5kg without pedals.

Woah, ok. What am I likely missing then?

I went off the spec sheet and added everything up individually (I got 6.807kg) :shock: .

Frame: Teammachine SLR01, Disc-specific, Size: 56 (1045g)
Tubing ACE Technology, 01 Premium Carbon
Fork: Teammachine SLR, 01 Premium Carbon, Integrated Cockpit, Disc-specific (405g)
Seatpost: Teammachine SLR01 "D" Premium Carbon, 15mm offset (195g)
Rear Shock: Gears2x11

Chainwheel: Shimano Ultegra, 52-36T
Cassette: Shimano Ultegra, 11-30T
Chain: Shimano Ultegra
Front Derailleur: Shimano Ultegra Di2
Rear Derailleur: Shimano Ultegra Di2
Shifter: Shimano Ultegra Di2, Hydraulic
Brakes: Shimano Ultegra Di2, SM-RT800 Rotors (160/140)

Ultegra R8070 di2 disc groupset total = 2,628g.

Handlebar: BMC RAB 02, ergo top shape, compact bend (250g?)
Stem: BMC ICS 01 - Integrated Cockpit Design, w/ computer and camera mount (105g?)
Seat: Fizik Antares R5 K'ium (205g)
Hubs: DT Swiss PRC 1400 SPLINE db 35 Carbon, Thru Axle (12mm) // Rims: DT Swiss PRC 1400 SPLINE db 35 Carbon (F: 645g, R: 789g)
Tyres: Vittoria Corsa, 25mm (255g * 2) = 510g

Plus pedals DA 9100 (234g).

Totals: 7,041g. I guess I am missing tubing/cables? But that'd be included in the groupset weight surely?
It's all about the adventure :o .

stormur

by stormur

that weight is not gonna happened. Have CX01 ( frame & fork weight +-50g same as SLR01 :shock: ) , with 1500g wheelset, sram red + trp spyre slc, pirelli 28mm tires, latex tubes, 187g aliante r3, 200g easton ec90 slx3 bar , 110g stem, keo blade ti pedals .... weight is 7550g .

So add 150-200g for heavier cockpit/ saddle , 500g+ for Ultegra vs Red22 and you'll have your number.

If memory serves well GF01 disc ( 1200 frame, 400 fork, 202 post ) with full ultegra hydro and 1600g wheels was advertised by BMC as 8.1kg without pedals. In that claim I believe.
Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
Mark Twain

I can be wrong, and have plenty of examples for that ;)

wingguy

by wingguy

Conza wrote:
TonyM wrote:
Size 56.

TobinHatesYou wrote:I would guess around 7.5kg without pedals.

Woah, ok. What am I likely missing then?
Totals: 7,041g. I guess I am missing tubing/cables? But that'd be included in the groupset weight surely?

Just off the top of my head you've missed out BB, headset, expander plug, spacers, bartape, inner tubes, thru-axles, maybe mech hanger, maybe seatpost clamp, maybe flatmount adapters and bolts, any grease and paste used.

That stuff adds up. The stock innertubes alone would account for upwards of 200g

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com