Shimano R9100-P Powermeter

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Attermann

by Attermann

gplama wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 4:15 am
Eterna7m wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 4:02 am
I also saw the update, does this now really make this a viable option?
That we don't know until it has been tested.

What this does show is an admission their meter is/wasn't great. Now if the meter wasn't within the accuracy spec as sold, I'd consider that fraudulent.
It wouldn't be a first for shimano, their chainsets, and calipers too.

ooo

by ooo

Shimano reduced FC-R9200-P/FC-R8100-P battery life specs from 300 h to 270 h

'

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Sockman

by Sockman

ms6073 wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2023 8:22 pm
Not really expecting an answer but given the amount of knowledge available in the forum, does anyone know how to remove/replace the batteries in the spindle of the R9100-P powermeter? I have one that no longer responds to presses of the button nor does plugging it into the charger produce any repsone from the status light so figured since it is out of warranty, nothing to lose. Looking down into the spindle, I can see internal threads and a indentations that look a special tool is used to unthread the internal assembly.

Maybe not relevant, but does yours fall under the production batch numbers that are recalled? You might get lucky and have a crack :lol:

henau212

by henau212

gplama wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 4:15 am
Eterna7m wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 4:02 am
I also saw the update, does this now really make this a viable option?
That we don't know until it has been tested.

What this does show is an admission their meter is/wasn't great. Now if the meter wasn't within the accuracy spec as sold, I'd consider that fraudulent.
https://youtu.be/1KmpgWVgDs4?si=kp0ewTmdVLw130Gc
I feel sorry for you paying for that piece of crap... +- 5-8% accuracy on the Ultegra version.. seriously Shimano?

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

It’s ridiculous that they’re even using an FD position / chain line fudge factor in an attempt to make things less shit. This doesn’t help people using R9200-P or R8100-P cranks with older groups or Sramano/Campamano mixed groups. It doesn’t help people using mechanical Shimano either.

gplama

by gplama

Keith Wakeham would have a field day with this hack/bodge. We need to put up the Bat Signal and get him to dive into this one like only Uncle Keith can.

LedZeppelin007

by LedZeppelin007

I can only speculate they did this to try and limit exposure to lawsuits after their recent delamination disaster. They could save a lot of headaches by simply buying Stages or by figuring out a way to do a spider-based meter without violating copyright.

Their meters are useless and I can’t believe they are allowed to sell them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro