PRO Vibe Aero bars

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Schulbub

by Schulbub

Has anybody seen them in real life? Does anybody know a shop, where they are available? Or at least an estimated date of arrival?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

peted76

by peted76

I was told they aren't expected until end of April (that was about a month ago) from my local UK based shop.
I brought some Zipps instead, shame though they look nice.

bomber

by bomber

Shimano Australia had them on their Instagram a week or so ago and I believe I saw them on bike24.com in stock so must be filtering through now.
Carb loading since the 90's

My ex ride
My old rides

tomycs

by tomycs

peted76 wrote:I was told they aren't expected until end of April (that was about a month ago) from my local UK based shop.
I brought some Zipps instead, shame though they look nice.

Same here, also went for Zipp. My shop said end of May/early June.

Brus

by Brus

last week finally arrived PRO Vibe Alloy bars. Ordered in January. 44cm weights 269g

kidrob

by kidrob

bomber wrote:Shimano Australia had them on their Instagram a week or so ago and I believe I saw them on bike24.com in stock so must be filtering through now.

https://www.bike24.de/p1186825.html here we go :)

edit: unavailable, sorry...

djwalker

by djwalker

Shimano America told me "end of May". A little annoying since they were introduced last summer.

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

Anyone got and had a chance to ride them yet?? Building my CX bike up shortly and was gonna pull my FSA setup off the Tarmac and drop it on the CX bike and replace with a PRO setup on the Tarmac...

TurboKoo

by TurboKoo

I'm currently riding with those. Is there something you specifically want to know as they feel good (better than Rotundo pro alu bar)
I didn't put them on scale but can can do that too.
Cannondale SuperSix
Shimano 9270

caadbrad

by caadbrad

I just got the Pro Vibe Alloy bars 42cm - and to be honest I don't quite understand them - according to pictures i've seen online there's suppose to be holes in the bars near where the shifters mount. This does not have those, and the only holes in the bars are at the very bottom of the drops (on the underside) and in the middle of where the stem clamps the bars. Can anyone else confirm what their pro vibe alloy bars have? To me this isn't very "internal wiring" friendly. I can post pictures and a scale weight soon. I'm tempted to contact Pro and ask them these same things.

caadbrad

by caadbrad

So i contacted Pro and confirmed that my bars are correct. I suggested then that they update their website photos to what consumers actually get because it's misleading - and turns out they did, so kudos to them for correcting it. Now I just have to decide how to wire everything up.

reknop

by reknop

caadbrad wrote:I just got the Pro Vibe Alloy bars 42cm - and to be honest I don't quite understand them - according to pictures i've seen online there's suppose to be holes in the bars near where the shifters mount. This does not have those, and the only holes in the bars are at the very bottom of the drops (on the underside) and in the middle of where the stem clamps the bars. Can anyone else confirm what their pro vibe alloy bars have? To me this isn't very "internal wiring" friendly. I can post pictures and a scale weight soon. I'm tempted to contact Pro and ask them these same things.

The new Vibe alloy stem has these holes as well to run through the wires. So I assume Pro worked on the stem-bar combination as a system. :)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
https://www.cycling-review.net

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Be interesting to see how wide the useable clamping area is for a Kedge etc mount on the carbon aero bar. This is the main thing making me lean towards the SL70 aero bar.
Using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bomber

by bomber

I can tell you that when paired with the new Pro Vibe stem there is no space for the kedge mount. I am going to measure up some different stems to see if that could improve it otherwise I will sell mine.
Carb loading since the 90's

My ex ride
My old rides