Scott foil frame finish

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

toastie

by toastie

Just bought a used Scott foil 15 and am a bit concerned about the frame finish around the rear calliper has anyone got one to compare?

And also the grommets on the di2 cables fall out as it's just a hole with a bung pushed in but no lip or anything to help the bung stay put

5 8 5

by 5 8 5

Yes, around the bridge on mine looks "handmade" but isn't as visible as the colour is black. Overall the finish is very good though.

My frame is mechanical and the grommets are a loose fit but obviously held in place by the cables.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

toastie

by toastie

Thanks for the reply, the finish on the rest of the frame looks pretty good it was just that bit on the rear bridge that concerned me and there are marks under bottom bracket too but they are under the paint so must have left the factory like it ( pic attached )
Just to confirm though that yours looks the same as mine on the rear bridge?

5 8 5

by 5 8 5

My brake bridge looks similar, not symmetrical as if it's hand finished. The brake is central though. I don't have the small voids though.
As I said mine is black with a gloss finish so it's not so visible. I think the matt finish highlights things like this.

Are you concerned it may be counterfeit? Check the geometry of the frame. The fake ones I've seen didn't have a true FOIL geometry.

toastie

by toastie

Yes I was concerned about it being a fake or maybe even the bridge being repaired. I think your right about the matt finish making it worse though.
If I run a finger down the top tube towards the head tube it feels like "ripples" about an inch or so in front of the seat post but I will check the geometry as never thought of that