Colnago C60 Sizing Guide for short leg

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Boshk

by Boshk

3Pio wrote:
Boshk wrote:
3Pio wrote:
TobinHatesYou wrote:I don't care about KOPS and I also like my cleats jammed all the way back...Giro shoes are especially good for this.

Yeah.. Im riding like that. Cleats jammed all the way back.. Also experimenting with Q Factor. As first i was riding wide because of knee pain, now im riding with narrow (not the narrowest cleat position, but more on narrow side).

Also shifters toed in a little bit, but probably i'll try neutral

Cant quite see, you have campagnolo Record groupset?
how do you like it with the C60?

I'm thinking of Chorus vs Ultegra 8000. Theres a thread on Chorus on C60 being 'noisy', how's yours? True to the 'Campagnolo needs to be broken in'?

Yes, im using Campagnolo Record Groupset except cassette which is Chorus. Also Campagnolo Veloce on the old bike (Pinarello FP3). (i can not detect any big functional difference between those two. I have old Veloce where u can shift few gears at once).

On C60 and Campy Record i use here, i have about 8500 km for now, in different kind of weather including a lot of climbing. It was a little problematic until i dialed H and B Screws on the RD, but im very satisfied for now. There was once Chain drop in the BB area (it damaged my paint, but i repair it with nail lacquere), but the problem was in LBS who did not adjust the FD properly (i adjusted my self, and no problems since. Im so sorry my self that i did not check first my self and just trust to their setting.)

The noise i get is if i use Big Ring in the Front and Big Ring in the rear (there is some short hill but high grade, and just sprint them like this and not going Lower Ring in the front). Otherwise not noise

But i think u should choose the groupset based on anatomy and which one u prefer. For example, i can not stand Shimano levers flapping while braking on downhill, and prefer Campagnolo solid feel with separate controls for shifting/braking. Also the whole ergonomy for me is better (i can reach shifting in every handlebar position, and i like the crisp clear feel of shifting). The bonus is that someohow C60 look better with Campy vs Shimano. As first i wanted Chours groupset my self, but got offer for Record, so could not ressist :)

If im buying again, i'll use the same combination i have, except crankset. Probably i'll get Campagnolo Super Record Crankset for better bearings (mine in the drive axle is worn out, and need to replace them soon) and lower weight. But this will also depend of what kind of power meter and IF power meter at all...

thanks. pretty limited options for the more 'affordable' power meters with campagnolo, I only see Stages left side only, 4iiii is out. The rest is double the price, P2M, Quarq, SRM, Powertaps.

As for ergo, I can't shift on the drops, can't reach, thats probably more to do with the handlebars and I never shift while braking.

3Pio

by 3Pio

Boshk wrote:
3Pio wrote:
Boshk wrote:
3Pio wrote:
Yeah.. Im riding like that. Cleats jammed all the way back.. Also experimenting with Q Factor. As first i was riding wide because of knee pain, now im riding with narrow (not the narrowest cleat position, but more on narrow side).

Also shifters toed in a little bit, but probably i'll try neutral

I'm thinking of Chorus vs Ultegra 8000. Theres a thread on Chorus on C60 being 'noisy', how's yours? True to the 'Campagnolo needs to be broken in'?

Yes, im using Campagnolo Record Groupset except cassette which is Chorus. Also Campagnolo Veloce on the old bike (Pinarello FP3). (i can not detect any big functional difference between those two. I have old Veloce where u can shift few gears at once).

On C60 and Campy Record i use here, i have about 8500 km for now, in different kind of weather including a lot of climbing. It was a little problematic until i dialed H and B Screws on the RD, but im very satisfied for now. There was once Chain drop in the BB area (it damaged my paint, but i repair it with nail lacquere), but the problem was in LBS who did not adjust the FD properly (i adjusted my self, and no problems since. Im so sorry my self that i did not check first my self and just trust to their setting.)

The noise i get is if i use Big Ring in the Front and Big Ring in the rear (there is some short hill but high grade, and just sprint them like this and not going Lower Ring in the front). Otherwise not noise

But i think u should choose the groupset based on anatomy and which one u prefer. For example, i can not stand Shimano levers flapping while braking on downhill, and prefer Campagnolo solid feel with separate controls for shifting/braking. Also the whole ergonomy for me is better (i can reach shifting in every handlebar position, and i like the crisp clear feel of shifting). The bonus is that someohow C60 look better with Campy vs Shimano. As first i wanted Chours groupset my self, but got offer for Record, so could not ressist :)

If im buying again, i'll use the same combination i have, except crankset. Probably i'll get Campagnolo Super Record Crankset for better bearings (mine in the drive axle is worn out, and need to replace them soon) and lower weight. But this will also depend of what kind of power meter and IF power meter at all...

thanks. pretty limited options for the more 'affordable' power meters with campagnolo, I only see Stages left side only, 4iiii is out. The rest is double the price, P2M, Quarq, SRM, Powertaps.

As for ergo, I can't shift on the drops, can't reach, thats probably more to do with the handlebars and I never shift while braking.

SRM is too expensive for me, i was thinking to get FSA Crankset Powermeter, or Rotor.. But seem that ill go for Garmin Vector 3, Assioma Favero Duo or Stages..

About shifting in drops, dont know what kind of handlebars u use, but on my Easton EC90SLX3 no problems. Also no problems with previous handlebar Zipp Service Course SL-80. Want to try in the future Deda Zero100 or Deda Superleggero (my friend have Superleggera and also no problems in shifting from drops)

Sometimes i brake and shift in same time (rarely)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Boshk

by Boshk

3Pio wrote:
Boshk wrote:
3Pio wrote:
Boshk wrote:

SRM is too expensive for me, i was thinking to get FSA Crankset Powermeter, or Rotor.. But seem that ill go for Garmin Vector 3, Assioma Favero Duo or Stages..

About shifting in drops, dont know what kind of handlebars u use, but on my Easton EC90SLX3 no problems. Also no problems with previous handlebar Zipp Service Course SL-80. Want to try in the future Deda Zero100 or Deda Superleggero (my friend have Superleggera and also no problems in shifting from drops)

Sometimes i brake and shift in same time (rarely)

I believe Stages is cheapest, followed by the Garmin then Power2Max....
no real bad reviews on the P2M but then again its a whole crankset whereas the Stages is a simple replacement of the crank arm.

cdkoo

by cdkoo

48s

billywest

by billywest

JKolmo wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:53 pm
I'm 171cm 82 cm inseam. In sloping Colnago I run 48s with plenty seatpost showing. I actually have one 50s too. Wouldn't even consider 45s.
hi do you have photos of both bikes i could see?

thx