Sub 1000€, 100% German made 1370g Carbon Clinchers

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

zappafile123

by zappafile123

Beaver wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:42 pm
zappafile123 wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:30 am
(Subjective bullshit warning) They would be the best if they had the rim profile of Zipps, Enve or Reynolds. That they are marginally more aero than a box section clincher is a big negative in my books - they just dont feel as though they hold speed as well over 30km/h. Apart from that, the hubs, braking, weight and feel are among the best.
You have been heard: https://www.bikerumor.com/2018/04/09/ca ... -bora-wto/ :D

But 21C with an even wider rim would be nicer. And they need a lower option e.g. 47mm.
*f##k* me, I know! I have managed to get top wheelsets in my time all for less than 2K... this time I think I'll break that rule to get the new WTOs. Any clue on when they will be out? Ive head end of summer? The only sad thing about them seems to be that they dont have CULT bearings and a carbon hubshell. Cormia have been making the same hub shell for yonks... dont see why they couldnt do it... and as for there being no CULT.. well... wtf... they're Boras, is Bora Ultra synonymous with CULT?!
FactorOne|SartoSeta|StorckF.3|Enigma EliteHSS|SworksSL6|ColnagoC60/V3Rs|DeRosa Protos|BianchiXR4/2|BMCSLR01 16|Cdale EvoHM|Focus IzMax|RidleyHe SL/SLX|BH Ulight|BassoDiamante|Scapin DyseysS8|TimeRXRS/ZXRS|TCR SL|RidleyNoah|Look585|CerveloS5/S3

oldturd

by oldturd

Well, decided to give these a shot. Ordered Sunday evening and were shipped Monday by DHL. Hopefully they arrive this week (DHL seems to be quite fast even to Canada..).

I purchased based on the fact that the rims themselves seem to share similar specs as Schmolkes (afterall, same manufacturer) and that they should perform somewhat (?) similarly but with a weight penalty. Hopefully not wishful thinking. Spokes are comparable (DT Swiss aero vs CX Rays) but unsure of the hubs.

I've been on CLX32s for sometime now so I'll be able to compare to that.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

WorkonSunday

by WorkonSunday

oldturd wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:09 pm
Well, decided to give these a shot. Ordered Sunday evening and were shipped Monday by DHL. Hopefully they arrive this week (DHL seems to be quite fast even to Canada..).

I purchased based on the fact that the rims themselves seem to share similar specs as Schmolkes (afterall, same manufacturer) and that they should perform somewhat (?) similarly but with a weight penalty. Hopefully not wishful thinking. Spokes are comparable (DT Swiss aero vs CX Rays) but unsure of the hubs.

I've been on CLX32s for sometime now so I'll be able to compare to that.
please post pictures once installed onto your bike. :mrgreen:
Some say pour 10ml water out of your bottle to save that last bit of the weight. Sorry, i go one step further, i tend to the rider off my bikes. :thumbup:
n+1...14 last time i checked, but i lost count :mrgreen:

oldturd

by oldturd

Well, it took some time to get to my door but they finally arrived this past Tuesday!

Two photos attached showing the braid weave.. not sure how consistent it should be?

initial thoughts- spins up noticeably faster than my rovals, i'm happy with the braking using with 9100 levers, ee brakes, and swisstop blacks. loud hubs. 1397 w/o rim tape.
Attachments
IMG_3903.jpeg
IMG_3904.jpeg
IMG_3918.jpeg

kidrob

by kidrob

oldturd wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:10 pm
Well, it took some time to get to my door but they finally arrived this past Tuesday!

Two photos attached showing the braid weave.. not sure how consistent it should be?

initial thoughts- spins up noticeably faster than my rovals, i'm happy with the braking using with 9100 levers, ee brakes, and swisstop blacks. loud hubs. 1397 w/o rim tape.
Nice, gratz to the new wheels!

I noticed with mine btw that the skewers are creaking, so I replaced them. Did you notice smth like this, too?

oldturd

by oldturd

kidrob wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:33 am
oldturd wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:10 pm

Nice, gratz to the new wheels!

I noticed with mine btw that the skewers are creaking, so I replaced them. Did you notice smth like this, too?
Thanks! I quite like them and it's got me wanting to ride the Spooky more now.. :mrgreen:

I didnt even take the skewers out of the bag as I've been having good success with my Wert stick shift skewers. Let me try them out and I'll let you know!

edit- similar to your experience, i'm not sure why it took me forever to get my tires on. i was ready to give up..