Dura-Ace 9100/9150 and 10 speed

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

fosen

by fosen

I have a bike with Ultegra Di2 6770, 10 speed. I want to change only my crankset from 6770 to 9100/9150 (I assume they are the same), which is of course 11 speed, with out changing my other components. Is this a problem?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bearsdidit
Shop Owner

by bearsdidit

No problem at all.

kman

by kman

Seconded. Should be no problem
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
-- Frank Zappa

TheKaiser

by TheKaiser

If I recall correctly, from similar situations, you may find that you get better performance by running an 11spd chain. By better performance, I mean that 10spd chains on 11spd rings will be slightly more prone to catching on the big ring pickup teeth when in the small ring and a smaller cog on the cassette. Using an 11spd chain on a 10spd cassette, on the other hand, will work fine, and some people even report improved shifting due to the slightly greater tolerance for misadjustment.

kulivontot

by kulivontot

Run both sram and shimano 10-speed with 11spd cranks.
Works fine.
Also consider searching, been discussed before

kode54

by kode54

TheKaiser wrote:If I recall correctly, from similar situations, you may find that you get better performance by running an 11spd chain. By better performance, I mean that 10spd chains on 11spd rings will be slightly more prone to catching on the big ring pickup teeth when in the small ring and a smaller cog on the cassette. Using an 11spd chain on a 10spd cassette, on the other hand, will work fine, and some people even report improved shifting due to the slightly greater tolerance for misadjustment.

yes. thicker chain will make the chain ramp up to larger chain ring...even if not totally cross chained.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

egebhardt

by egebhardt

The tooth thickness on 10 speed Ultegra has the same thickness as Dura Ace 9 or 10 or 11.
Eric in San Carlos, CA