Pinarello Dogma F8 Size 47 - Help!!!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

nemeseri

by nemeseri

TwinSpokes21 wrote:Will likely run my Zipp 303 FC's for now on these but was considering 4.5's...thanks for the insight on the tight tolerances.

Just a word of advice: the zipp 303 is 3mm wider than the enve 4.5. It rarely fits bikes with tight clearance.

scottlum

by scottlum

I'm 5'6.5 as well. My Dogma F8 is a 50cm frame with a 105 stem and 170mm cranks. I bought an X-Y fitting tool and set up all my bikes the same.

In retrospect, I should have bought a smaller frame because I use a large saddle bag and do not have room for a rear light on the seat post. A smaller frame with the sloping top tube like the 47cm would give me the saddle post height I need. I would've also benefited from a lighter and stiffer frame.
Last edited by scottlum on Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CarbonSteve

by CarbonSteve

TwinSpokes21 wrote:Hey guys, any Dogma owners out there riding the 47cm? I've done some research, read a few things on this site and others, etc...Really interested in getting some feedback from those who went with a 47 vs the 50 or even the 51.5 for that matter (though I think the 51.5 would be a stretch, litterally). Without getting into the gritty details of fit as I know there are several factors and riding preferences that go into it, I'm between the 47 and 50 being 5'7", inseam of 30, reach of 60cm. I've spent a lot of time with my fitter and could really go either way. My fitter is leaning towards the 47 as it does have that extra 5cm on the head tube which would result in the very important looks dept with that much less in spacers :D Smaller frame, lower weight...BONUS :thumbup: :thumbup: Though I will lose that extra cage hole.

As a reference, I currently ride a 54 in an SWORKS Tarmac. I could have gone with a 52 (as I'm also between these sizes) but wanted that taller head tube at the time. I will say that I do feel slightly stretched (100 stem) but generally feel comfortable on it. But if I had to do it again, would probably go with a 52.

Would love feedback and would love to see some pics of Dogma's in the 47. Is the 'sloping' top tube that much more pronounced? Google image search isn't really clear to me if I'm looking at 47cm frames! Pics please!!!

Hi did you get your self sorted, as im more or less in the exact same predicament as you, in 168cm 5ft6.5 in old money ride with saddle at 69.5cm, and like you ive seen and read people similar size either opting for the 47 and 50, im leaning more to the 47 i know the 50 looks better with the top tube more squared off but when your riding it you or any one cant tell and the pros always seam to go smaller than they should as a smaller frame is more nimble less weight etc

MRM

by MRM

It's a question of your reach as well. The larger size will have a longer top tube and you need to check if it's still ok for you or if it's better to go with the smaller frame and a higher seat post.
Smaller frame then again might require you to use more spacers if you are not super flexible since it will have a smaller head tube.
Check the chart on the Pinarello website and compare it with what a bike fitter recommends for you.
If you have long legs and a short torso it's better to go smaller frame and vice versa etc.

survivor

by survivor

I am on size 47 dogma F8 with 100mm stem and 170mm crank size. I believe my saddle height is 69cm. You can check out my build here.

Seeing others size 47 here makes me wonder why my seat post is straight while others are curve back :noidea: I am not sure whether this will eventually affect your reach.

I was in the same shoe of deciding between size 47 and 50. My fitter recommends size 47 but mentioned I can't go wrong with either. Size 47 has the benefit of 5mm extra head tube height and 30mm more expose seat post which cosmetically could look nicer, depending on personal preferences. Size 47 does have the slope top tube vs size 50 which is almost straight. Also beware of your water bottle cage choices. You might want to use those that can have side entry like ENVE carbon bottle cage for your ease of inserting and removing your water bottles. I personally using Arundel Mandible now without any issue. Like others have mentioned, you can't use EE Brakes on size 47. I have been through the pain personally.

PinaF8

by PinaF8

My recent upgrade is one size smaller which is a 47 which allows me to run my current saddle height at 72cm with 12cm stem.

upload facebook picture
S-WORKS VENGE 1ST GEN
PINARELLO F8
PINARELLO F10
2018 BMC SLR01
2019 SCOTT SPARK RC 900

survivor

by survivor

PinaF8 wrote:My recent upgrade is one size smaller which is a 47 which allows me to run my current saddle height at 72cm with 12cm stem.

Nice!!!

I am still wondering why my seat post is straight :noidea:

PinaF8

by PinaF8

survivor wrote:
PinaF8 wrote:My recent upgrade is one size smaller which is a 47 which allows me to run my current saddle height at 72cm with 12cm stem.

Nice!!!

I am still wondering why my seat post is straight :noidea:

New frames does not come with zero offset post. Did your lbs swap it?
S-WORKS VENGE 1ST GEN
PINARELLO F8
PINARELLO F10
2018 BMC SLR01
2019 SCOTT SPARK RC 900

survivor

by survivor

PinaF8 wrote:New frames does not come with zero offset post. Did your lbs swap it?

I don't think so as my frame is special edition which has "SKY" sticker on the seat post. Unless they swapped the sticker as well :noidea:

PinaF8

by PinaF8

survivor wrote:
PinaF8 wrote:New frames does not come with zero offset post. Did your lbs swap it?

I don't think so as my frame is special edition which has "SKY" sticker on the seat post. Unless they swapped the sticker as well :noidea:

Perhaps you got lucky and that version came with them? Do you feel too cramped with the zero offset?
S-WORKS VENGE 1ST GEN
PINARELLO F8
PINARELLO F10
2018 BMC SLR01
2019 SCOTT SPARK RC 900

survivor

by survivor

PinaF8 wrote:Perhaps you got lucky and that version came with them? Do you feel too cramped with the zero offset?

Not really. I thought smaller Dogma frame sizes come with zero offset seat post and offset seat post is only for bigger frame sizes? Maybe I am wrong.

PinaF8

by PinaF8

survivor wrote:
PinaF8 wrote:Perhaps you got lucky and that version came with them? Do you feel too cramped with the zero offset?

Not really. I thought smaller Dogma frame sizes come with zero offset seat post and offset seat post is only for bigger frame sizes? Maybe I am wrong.

Looks like the team sky version came with them.
S-WORKS VENGE 1ST GEN
PINARELLO F8
PINARELLO F10
2018 BMC SLR01
2019 SCOTT SPARK RC 900

johnt

by johnt

Hi TwinSpokes21,
What did you end up getting? I am exactly on the same boat and very intrigued about what route you took. We're pretty much the same body geometry fit. My fitter is leaning towards the 50, he claims the 47 might be just too small of a bike although on paper, not a lot of difference.
Thanks

TonyM

by TonyM

johnt wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:06 pm
Hi TwinSpokes21,
What did you end up getting? I am exactly on the same boat and very intrigued about what route you took. We're pretty much the same body geometry fit. My fitter is leaning towards the 50, he claims the 47 might be just too small of a bike although on paper, not a lot of difference.
Thanks
I was on same boat as him - and you now.

After checking on a Retül bike the 47, 50 and 51.5 with different stems in terms of reach, stack etc.....I ended up ordering a 50cm with a slammed 110 stem -8 degrees.
at approx. 5'7 you will end up having a 47, 50 or 51.5 depending on your body proportions and fitness etc.....

The difference between the 47, 50 and 51.5 are pretty much in head tube height. So it depends how low you want or can go there.....
Very low would be a 47 with a slammed stem, 3mm head cap and a 120mm -17 degrees for example.....

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

johnt

by johnt

Thanks TonyM! according to the chart, the head tube height on 47 and 51.5 are the same at 125, 5mm longer than the 50. So, if I didn't want to go very low the 47, this would help + a 120mm stem. This will only create a more sloping top tube compared to the 50. I'm just curious and want to know your thoughts on the 25mm shorter seat tube on 47 vs the 50, would it create any handling/stability effect on the bike?