Like a Prologo Scratch Nack saddle

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Lafolie

by Lafolie

Sadly, Prologo no longer make the Scratch Nack saddle with the carbon/Kevlar base . I have tried the new updated Scratch, but it doesn't feel the same. So I switched to a 00 Fizik Aliante. Whilst is a truly beautifully made saddle, I just can't seem to dial the thing in for total comfort. Any ideas on something out there which is similar to the old Scratch Nack? Cheers

AJS914

by AJS914

I just wait for stuff like that to pop up on eBay. Set up a search with email notification.

I really like the new Scratch 2 Pas. Of course, it's not as light as the nack.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

boysa

by boysa

I agree the shape changed quite a bit between the Scratch and the Scratch 2. I moved to the new model, with CPC (a feature I absolutely love), but it doesn't feel quite the same. Now I'm searching... and searching...

If I find something I'll be sure to report it!
"Deserve's got nothing to do with it." William Munny

Lafolie

by Lafolie

boysa wrote:I agree the shape changed quite a bit between the Scratch and the Scratch 2. I moved to the new model, with CPC (a feature I absolutely love), but it doesn't feel quite the same. Now I'm searching... and searching...

If I find something I'll be sure to report it!

cool...thanks

sd5500

by sd5500

AJS914 wrote:I just wait for stuff like that to pop up on eBay. Set up a search with email notification.

I really like the new Scratch 2 Pas. Of course, it's not as light as the nack.

I have a scratch 2 pas cpc nack used I'll see you super cheap. It's in very good condition. Love the scratch, but hate "pas". I bought the scratch 2 cpc airing nack.

boysa

by boysa

@sd5500... ok, couple of quick questions since I was looking into the "PAS" version:
1. What don't you like about it?
2. I can't really tell what the difference is between the PAS and the Space models. Any idea?
3. How are you getting on with the airing?

Thanks!

AJS914

by AJS914

The PAS and Space are very similar - I doubt there is much difference.

I've tried a CPC saddle and didn't care for the being glued to the saddle feel.

Lafolie

by Lafolie

interesting

boysa

by boysa

Thanks. I'm actually trying out a Selle Italia SLR Superflow right now. Doesn't help our op, however, as it is nothing like the Scratch shape.

Horses for courses, right? I really like the CPC for the very reason you don't. After a few rides, I didn't feel the "glued" sensation any longer, but at the beginning it was certainly noticeable.

AJS914

by AJS914

I had a Scratch Pro CPC. I probably could have gotten used to the 'glued to the seat' feel but it was also hard as a rock compared to my Scratch Pro Nack and my Scratch 2.

DJT21

by DJT21

Bontrager Serano anf Fizik Aliante are worth a look

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Lemond75

by Lemond75

DJT21 wrote:Bontrager Serano anf Fizik Aliante are worth a look

I was just going to add the same comment. Having tried the Aliante and finding it a little too curved across the back to stabilise my pelvis I switched to the Serano as it comes in different widths, and with different curvature according to the size. So far, I'm finding the 148mm to be the best saddle I've ever used, althougn I also bought a Scratch 2 CPC at the same time to try on my new bike.

The carbon RXL version of the Serano is also pretty cheap compared to the equivalent Nack version of the Scratch too.