Di2 one or two button timetrial bar end shifters?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

htc

by htc

Upgraded to Di2 and not sure which bar end shifters to go for..

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/shimano-di2-11- ... -switches/

or

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/shimano-dura-ac ... -shifters/

I have the new BT-DN110 battery and am planning on picking up the EW-WU111 in-line bluetooth unit too (if synchro shifting is required)

What do you guys see as the advantages and disadvantages of the two shifter types and does anyone have experience of using both?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Do you need to front shift on the skis??
Using Tapatalk

toiyuet

by toiyuet

If front shifting isn't necessary, buy the DA on CRC at £93 now, because new model is coming.

htc

by htc

I guess I should have phrased that better - are there ergonminc differences and have you tried shifting just with one hand for rear shifting or using one hand for up and one hand for down?

NiFTY

by NiFTY

If you are running ski bends i like the two button controls as you can do all shifting with your right hand and use the left to just overwrap both. If running flat or j bends i would run the da as i found i liked the inside of the bar to hold myself down on those extensions.
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

NiFTY

by NiFTY

If you are running ski bends i like the two button controls as you can do all shifting with your right hand and use the left to just overwrap both. If running flat or j bends i would run the da as i found i liked the inside of the bar to hold myself down on those extensions.
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

htc

by htc

Makes sense, that's kind of what I was getting at. You hold both hands overlapping each other almost between the bars then? I like to do this as it feels more natural creating a single central wind break..

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

audiojan

by audiojan

It's really a personal preference. I prefer the two button (although I have switched to my preferred Campy EPS instead as of last season), but most of my friends prefer the one button setup.
"Suddenly the thought struck me; my floor is someone elses ceiling" - Nils Ferlin