S-Works SL 2018

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

L3X

by L3X

bennito wrote:And i m looking for a pdf file about the 2018 tarmac
- With the recommended torque and other instructions for building the frame
Does anybody found it ?
I think I ll be able to do everything without it...
But if one of you know how to get it ... let me know :-)
Cheers

Check out the appendix in this PDF: https://media.specialized.com/support/collateral/Specialized_Owners_Manual_World.pdf

Usually you can lookup your frame on the specialized website, scroll down and find the manuals there.

Hope that helps!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

moyboy

by moyboy

Page 50 i think it's on

L3X wrote:
bennito wrote:And i m looking for a pdf file about the 2018 tarmac
- With the recommended torque and other instructions for building the frame
Does anybody found it ?
I think I ll be able to do everything without it...
But if one of you know how to get it ... let me know :-)
Cheers

Check out the appendix in this PDF: https://media.specialized.com/support/collateral/Specialized_Owners_Manual_World.pdf

Usually you can lookup your frame on the specialized website, scroll down and find the manuals there.

Hope that helps!
Last edited by moyboy on Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bennito

by bennito

It s me again :-)

Does anybody know how to install the di2 cable?
I mean does anybody on this forum build his sl6 with di2 by herself?

That s what I doing... but experiencing some mistake !
Where should i mount the jc41 junction?!?
As usual in the Osbb section?
But as the hole in the frame is quite small...
Should I force on the osbb plastic sleeve?
Or does it mean that we must install the electric wire before installing the bb30 bearing?!?

A installation guide in pdf would be great...
Before destroying everything :oops:

Cheers

moyboy

by moyboy

This should help you as it did for me regarding the jc41 box.

https://www.competitivecyclist.com/learn/demystifying-di2

bennito wrote:It s me again :-)

Does anybody know how to install the di2 cable?
I mean does anybody on this forum build his sl6 with di2 by herself?

That s what I doing... but experiencing some mistake !
Where should i mount the jc41 junction?!?
As usual in the Osbb section?
But as the hole in the frame is quite small...
Should I force on the osbb plastic sleeve?
Or does it mean that we must install the electric wire before installing the bb30 bearing?!?

A installation guide in pdf would be great...
Before destroying everything :oops:

Cheers

rsantos450

by rsantos450

New frame arryving, built with Red22, DuraAce 9100 or Ultegra Di2 ?

calleking

by calleking

DA 9100. No reason to go DI2 now that 9100 is so amazingly good - unless you really dislike how you shift with Shimano and/or the ergonomics.
2022 Wilier Filante SLR Dura-Ace/Ultegra Di2 12sp
2021 Cannondale Scalpel Carbon 2

Retired:
2018 S-Works Tarmac SL6 Sagan Superstar DA 9150
2016 Aeroad CF SLX UDi2
2016 CAAD12 - SRAM Red 22 - Hyper 50mm

morganb

by morganb

I wouldn't say no reason to go Di2, as its still better shifting and the sprint shifters are nice, but I would do 9100 out of those choices. Substantially lighter than Ui2 and better shifting and ergonomics (for me at least) than Red.

rsantos450

by rsantos450

I notice that alot of brands are not using red22, just etap or shimano, is the red22 out of use?

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

Talking to my co-workers who already have one, this bike is a huge step forward handling, and ride wise. I'm probably going to scrap my 2015 S-Works Venge, and replace it with a new S-Works Tarmac. I'll switch all the parts over. So it will be Red22 for me. I have 5 demo bikes arriving for my demo fleet, and I can't wait to try one for myself.

morganb

by morganb

ProfessorChaos wrote:Talking to my co-workers who already have one, this bike is a huge step forward handling, and ride wise. I'm probably going to scrap my 2015 S-Works Venge, and replace it with a new S-Works Tarmac. I'll switch all the parts over. So it will be Red22 for me. I have 5 demo bikes arriving for my demo fleet, and I can't wait to try one for myself.

I'm hoping it isn't too dramatic of a departure, the SL5 is my favorite handling bike by far, but it saw pretty substantial changes in my size (52). The head angle is half a degree slacker, top tube is shorter, and headtube is taller. Stack didn't change too much because the fork got shorter but the reach is shorter and the handling looks like it will be slower.

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

morganb wrote:I'm hoping it isn't too dramatic of a departure, the SL5 is my favorite handling bike by far, but it saw pretty substantial changes in my size (52). The head angle is half a degree slacker, top tube is shorter, and headtube is taller. Stack didn't change too much because the fork got shorter but the reach is shorter and the handling looks like it will be slower.

It was enough of an improvement to make my co-worker/friend switch from a SL5 disc to the rim bike. That being said, he was a huge fan of disc brakes, and we often butted heads about that as I know in my market, and many others have been reluctant to switch to disc. He said it dives into the corners harder, feels more balanced, and he's hitting PR's everywhere on it.

dolophonic

by dolophonic

Of course its better ... ! its a new specialized :wink:

Like the venge was so good .. thats why Sagan raced the SL5 !!

Hexsense

by Hexsense

calleking wrote:DA 9100. No reason to go DI2 now that 9100 is so amazingly good - unless you really dislike how you shift with Shimano and/or the ergonomics.

That's exactly why i move on to Sram Red.
I HATE to control 4 steps front derailleur.
I keep dura-ace 9100 FD on Sram Red group. But now i have only 2 steps Low-trim and High.
Low trim (small ring) works for 28-15t on my cassette.
High (big ring) works for the whole range of my cassette.
It's so peaceful in my mind not to worry about trimming FD or wonder if i'm on high or high trim position on big ring.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Hexsense wrote:Low trim (small ring) works for 28-15t on my cassette.

Normally I shift to the big ring before needing to shift to the 7th cog, but I would still want the ability to do so without FD rub. Since you're using the DA9100 derailleur with SRAM Red levers, what was the issue you had with the SRAM Red Yaw FD?

TheDee

by TheDee

ProfessorChaos wrote:
morganb wrote:I'm hoping it isn't too dramatic of a departure, the SL5 is my favorite handling bike by far, but it saw pretty substantial changes in my size (52). The head angle is half a degree slacker, top tube is shorter, and headtube is taller. Stack didn't change too much because the fork got shorter but the reach is shorter and the handling looks like it will be slower.

It was enough of an improvement to make my co-worker/friend switch from a SL5 disc to the rim bike. That being said, he was a huge fan of disc brakes, and we often butted heads about that as I know in my market, and many others have been reluctant to switch to disc. He said it dives into the corners harder, feels more balanced, and he's hitting PR's everywhere on it.

I think the writing is on the wall for rim brakes and it is only a matter of time since a new flagship model (across brands) will come exclusively as Disc... My guess
is the next gen Venge will be just that, since it was already the plan for the current Vias before UCI did their thing...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com