S-Works SL 2018

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

morganb

by morganb

The Pro is quoted at 950. If that's unpainted that its going to end up as heavy or heavier than the previous gen, my "SL5" with the dark blue/hi viz orange paint scheme was around 1100g with hardware and BB. If its painted than again the Pro/S-Works distinction is going to be minute except for the UL model.

polzag10

by polzag10

I asked the speciaizlied dealer from TAI WAN, they said "Speciaizlied is still discussing about small size frame run eebrake problem, and the adapter are not availble now ", any one know more about the problem? And, can it really solve it? Because I just bought the eebrake and cant return.........

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

chrisbint

by chrisbint

Looking a little close at the brakes on my 54 and I am not sure I do have a 'carbon' bridge. In the pack that I received with the bike. I do have what could be described as a carbon bridge, but the one on the bike looks different.

Thanks

nonamed

by nonamed

chrisbint wrote:Looking a little close at the brakes on my 54 and I am not sure I do have a 'carbon' bridge. In the pack that I received with the bike. I do have what could be described as a carbon bridge, but the one on the bike looks different.
Thanks

This is S-Works Ultralight?

pyrahna

by pyrahna

This is the bridge that I spoke of earlier that is being included with 54 and smaller frames to get the brake away from the seat tube. It appears to space the brake up and angle it back. I believe you would need this spacer if you wanted to use the EE brakes on any new tarmac frame 54 or smaller.

chrisbint wrote:Looking a little close at the brakes on my 54 and I am not sure I do have a 'carbon' bridge. In the pack that I received with the bike. I do have what could be described as a carbon bridge, but the one on the bike looks different.

Thanks

chrisbint

by chrisbint

nonamed wrote:
Thanks

This is S-Works Ultralight?

Yes it is.

polzag10

by polzag10

Thanks

Does it looks like burdensome compare with normal?

chrisbint

by chrisbint

polzag10 wrote:

Thanks

I have not owned a bike with these brakes before now, so can only offer my opinion on current bike setup and that would be it looks pretty good from where I am standing! :)

polzag10

by polzag10

chrisbint wrote:
polzag10 wrote:

Thanks

I have not owned a bike with these brakes before now, so can only offer my opinion on current bike setup and that would be it looks pretty good from where I am standing! :)

Thanks! I love eebrake and dont want to use heavy shimano direct mount brake, so, I have to ask my dealer whether they can solve this problem for my ''sagan'' frame.

HaroldC

by HaroldC

Thanks

You have the aluminum bridge instead of the carbon bridge. You can see that the aluminum bridge spaces the brakes at an angle from the frame. It seems that complete UL builds will come with the aluminum spacer to make room for the EE brakes. I would assume that UL framesets will come with the carbon bridge, but we'll have to wait until those show up here in the US.

moyboy

by moyboy

Just ordered a set of ee brakes direct from cane creek.

I'll be running a 54cm Sagan and for that they sell a Tarmac Direct Mount Adapter Kit for 49 - 54cm Frame sizes along with a short linkage Front Brake for the rear.

Part number BEE0166

polzag10

by polzag10

moyboy wrote:Just ordered a set of ee brakes direct from cane creek.

I'll be running a 54cm Sagan and for that they sell a Tarmac Direct Mount Adapter Kit for 49 - 54cm Frame sizes along with a short linkage Front Brake for the rear.

Part number BEE0166

I worried that no kit can help the small frame... Could you provide the link?

moyboy

by moyboy

Tried looking, couldn't find the web link for that kit. You'll need to contact Cane Creek as I got that number on my invoice. It's possibly an internal number as the EE Brakes are being manufactured right now with 1 - 2 week ETA for delivery.

polzag10 wrote:

Part number BEE0166

polzag10

by polzag10

moyboy wrote:Tried looking, couldn't find the web link for that kit. You'll need to contact Cane Creek as I got that number on my invoice. It's possibly an internal number as the EE Brakes are being manufactured right now with 1 - 2 week ETA for delivery.

polzag10 wrote:

Part number BEE0166

Thank you for your help!! I just sent the email to Cane Creek. Hope the part can sovle it. I think specialized wont make a part for eebrake.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

polzag10

by polzag10

Thanks

Photo from Singapore. But no repose from cane creek, cant not find the kit