S-Works SL 2018

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

NYCPrynne

by NYCPrynne

flafonta wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:33 pm
Here is mine. Still a work in progress, dialing the fit and need to cut steerer tube. The Zipp logo on the stem is also screaming and the Power saddle is great for my a$$ but does not look great.
Maiden voyage this morning. Felt good, lighter, easier to toss around. Out of the saddle effort felt great, Feels lower than my 1st gen Venge. And dead silent.

Now with picture, hopefully it will work this time.

Very nice! Can I ask where you got the tapered spacer?

flafonta

by flafonta

I thought it came with the bike, but not sure, the shop assembled it. BTW, I am still loving the bike. Only change I have made is to black out the Zipp logo on the Stem.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cycleboyco

by cycleboyco

flafonta wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:21 pm
I thought it came with the bike, but not sure, the shop assembled it. BTW, I am still loving the bike. Only change I have made is to black out the Zipp logo on the Stem.

NYCPrynne wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:00 pm

Just got mine built up-the taller cone spacer does come with the bike-it's about 20mm and the bike also comes with an alternative 10mm base spacer. Not sure if the tall spacer is available to purchase on its own.

Nice move blacking out the Zipp logo-how Sagan of you!

exweenie

by exweenie

58 cm Ultralight Frame out the box (with bolts, chain guard etc) 880g. Fork 390 g.

AlexTas

by AlexTas

exweenie wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:33 pm
58 cm Ultralight Frame out the box (with bolts, chain guard etc) 880g. Fork 390 g.
im interested to hear what other componentry you will be using in the build and weights as im about to pull the trigger on a 58cm Sworks tarmac if they dont hurry up and release the disc version in aus soon.

robgwest

by robgwest

Here is my 56cm ultralight fully built up, coming in at 6.37kg including bottle cages and Garmin mount (not in picture):

Frame: 820g
Fork (uncut): 330g
Seatpost: 175g

Built with EE brakes, Extralite Hyperstem, Specialized Power saddle and shallow bar, Enve Gen 1 3.4s with Conti GP4000s for the moment until the weather and roads improve here in the UK.

Only done an hour on it so far but loved the ride. Very impressed with the EE brakes. Much better than Sram Red brakes.

liam7020

by liam7020

When installing the Tarmac bb is it the red or black side of the Ceramicspeed bearings face outwards or does it not matter? Ta
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen

Swannie

by Swannie

To other SL6 riders coming from SL5 or SL4: do you run same stem lengths?
I came from SL4 size 54 with stemlength 11, now on my SL6 size 54 i use stemlength 12 to become same position, and it seems to long, but not sure.
Just printed the 2 geometries to find out, but still not sure.
I made an appoitment to get the bike fitted properly but have to wait a few days... so any input here is welcome!
thanks!

robgwest

by robgwest

Swannie wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:54 am
To other SL6 riders coming from SL5 or SL4: do you run same stem lengths?
I came from SL4 size 54 with stemlength 11, now on my SL6 size 54 i use stemlength 12 to become same position, and it seems to long, but not sure.
Just printed the 2 geometries to find out, but still not sure.
I made an appoitment to get the bike fitted properly but have to wait a few days... so any input here is welcome!
thanks!
Just look at the stack and reach values on the geometry charts. The 54cm SL4 is 543 stack and 387 reach and the SL6 has 544 and 384 so the SL6 is only 3mm shorter.

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

So I finally got myself a new Tarmac. It's a women's Tarmac, and I removed the 9150 with the exception of the brakes, and installed the Red22, Aerofly handlebars, Zipp stem, Carbon Rib Cages with Swat tool, Fetha Garmin mount, S-works Toupe 130mm, KCNC Skewers, and Speedplay Zeros with Ti Spindles off of my 2015 Venge build. Plus it has the new Specialized Power cranks that will be released tomorrow. The result is pretty damn awesome! 6440g as pictured included the swat tool, and garmin, but no bottles. I love it. Climbs great, handles great, the ViAS is only faster on flat sections.

moyboy

by moyboy

The tapered piece comes with the frameset, and it comes in two heights. The shop probably just slapped on a regular spacer instead. If they did just go back and ask them.
flafonta wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:21 pm

NYCPrynne wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:00 pm
flafonta wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:33 pm
Here is mine. Still a work in progress, dialing the fit and need to cut steerer tube. The Zipp logo on the stem is also screaming and the Power saddle is great for my a$$ but does not look great.
Maiden voyage this morning. Felt good, lighter, easier to toss around. Out of the saddle effort felt great, Feels lower than my 1st gen Venge. And dead silent.

Now with picture, hopefully it will work this time.

moyboy

by moyboy

Great frameset, that colorway is one of my favorites. Glad they do rider first geometry so you aren't stuck with WSD sizing.
ProfessorChaos wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:15 am
So I finally got myself a new Tarmac. It's a women's Tarmac, and I removed the 9150 with the exception of the brakes, and installed the Red22, Aerofly handlebars, Zipp stem, Carbon Rib Cages with Swat tool, Fetha Garmin mount, S-works Toupe 130mm, KCNC Skewers, and Speedplay Zeros with Ti Spindles off of my 2015 Venge build. Plus it has the new Specialized Power cranks that will be released tomorrow. The result is pretty damn awesome! 6440g as pictured included the swat tool, and garmin, but no bottles. I love it. Climbs great, handles great, the ViAS is only faster on flat sections.

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

moyboy wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:17 pm
Great frameset, that colorway is one of my favorites. Glad they do rider first geometry so you aren't stuck with WSD sizing.
Those are the reasons I had them send me the women's bike.

1. The colorway is rad
2. So I can tell the story of how we decided to do away with women's specific sizing through all of our data gathered through Retul.
3. This bike was just sitting at the office, and I knew I could put it to good use.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mcw

by mcw

Size 56, with DA R9100, Power2Max NGEco, Zipp 303