S-Works SL 2018

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

morganb

by morganb

L3X wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:10 pm
You can buy a Shiv TT without any problems, it's still offered. Do agree that it might see an overhaul though as its been around for quite some time now. However I can't imagine it being the only newly released bike during a season since TT bikes make up a very small percentage of bike sales.

I just hope there will be a new Venge soon. I like the mindset around the ViAS, but the end result just doesn't really do it for me. There are just too many areas that can be improved on.
As of today it isn't offered on the Specialized B2B. I've been expecting an update for a while but this is pretty well a sure sign that something should be coming. Maybe Giro debut?

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

There is already a listing on the UCI site for a new shiv

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

L3X wrote:
You can buy a Shiv TT without any problems, it's still offered. Do agree that it might see an overhaul though as its been around for quite some time now. However I can't imagine it being the only newly released bike during a season since TT bikes make up a very small percentage of bike sales.

I just hope there will be a new Venge soon. I like the mindset around the ViAS, but the end result just doesn't really do it for me. There are just too many areas that can be improved on.

morganb wrote:
L3X wrote:

As of today it isn't offered on the Specialized B2B. I've been expecting an update for a while but this is pretty well a sure sign that something should be coming. Maybe Giro debut?
This is what i was referencing... the Shiv TT is shown the website, but if you walk into a Specialized store and ask them to order you one, they can't. This was even the case last year... I had a real hard time getting parts.

endershan

by endershan

Finally got the frame I ordered, but I already fall in love with my "transition bike" - Venge Vias Disc, so planning to sell this and stick with the Venge or get a Disc version of SL6.

Frame with hardware weights 900g, that paint job is definitely not light.

takashi24

by takashi24

Hi,

I notice there a normal version Tarmac SL6 same color frameset as Tarmac SL6 Ultralight which is black with reflective white S-Works word.

Anyone have any idea how to identify or difference between both of them? Visually without actual weight them. Maybe serial number or something....

I getting my Ultralight soon but I worried my LBS got a normal version for me where chances might mistaken as Ultralight version instead.

morganb

by morganb

endershan wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:14 am

Finally got the frame I ordered, but I already fall in love with my "transition bike" - Venge Vias Disc, so planning to sell this and stick with the Venge or get a Disc version of SL6.

I've never seen that colorway, where are you located? I really dig it.

liam7020

by liam7020

morganb wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:57 am
That was my next question! I have seen a photo of that colourway before but thought it was only available in the States. Well nice!
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen

Slack

by Slack

takashi24 wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:48 am
Hi,

I notice there a normal version Tarmac SL6 same color frameset as Tarmac SL6 Ultralight which is black with reflective white S-Works word.

Anyone have any idea how to identify or difference between both of them? Visually without actual weight them. Maybe serial number or something....

I getting my Ultralight soon but I worried my LBS got a normal version for me where chances might mistaken as Ultralight version instead.
They're different paint jobs, the ultralight has a silver reflective logo and the regular S-works has a white reflective logo.

mbdurham17

by mbdurham17

Finally got a chance to install the ee’s pic of new Weigh in ImageImage

Either the shimano 105’s I had on were a lot heavier than advertised (I will throw them on the scale to verify)or i was suffering from having the clamp too tight on the park scale as someone else mentioned but you can see it dropped significantly from the previous weight in my last post of 7.24kg I’m not complaining. I must have been off on some other individual weights in my spreadsheet as well. I’m tempted to pull it apart and weigh everything again lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

takashi24

by takashi24

Slack wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:27 pm
takashi24 wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:48 am
Hi,

They're different paint jobs, the ultralight has a silver reflective logo and the regular S-works has a white reflective logo.
Ok. Thanks for pointing it out.

endershan

by endershan

morganb wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:57 am
endershan wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:14 am

That's a women's version, but the geometry is the same as men's. I live in China, but I think these are available in most countries.

morganb

by morganb

Doesn't look available in the US unfortunately.

sun

by sun

They should have figured out a way to make the cover for mechanical shifting dual purpose for mechanical and the di2 junction box. The bar end solution works, but it's a pain if you need to take out the junction box and is incompatible with many handlebars. Anyone figure out a way to get it to fit on the downtube? The hole seems to be on the small side.

Tarmac78

by Tarmac78

Hi, I'm new on here, I h ave an SL6 tarmac on order and want to fit a Duraace crank.
The OSBB is v confusing and no one seems to be able to advise.

Basically I want a ceramic speed option, the advice I have is the BB30 bottom bracket, is this correct?
Ceramicspeed customer service confirms this but their fit chart suggests a PF30 OSBB bottom bracket.

Basically what is the shell width on the tarmac, 68 or 62mm?

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

Tarmac78 wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:34 pm
Hi, I'm new on here, I h ave an SL6 tarmac on order and want to fit a Duraace crank.
The OSBB is v confusing and no one seems to be able to advise.

Basically I want a ceramic speed option, the advice I have is the BB30 bottom bracket, is this correct?
Ceramicspeed customer service confirms this but their fit chart suggests a PF30 OSBB bottom bracket.

Basically what is the shell width on the tarmac, 68 or 62mm?
If you want to fit a DA crank on Specialized OSBB, you need an adapter. The frame should come with bearings already passed into the frame. If its an S-Works bike, they should be CeramicSpeed bearings, at least that's how the S-Works used to come. You can either run some spacers to fit the DA crank. They should come with the frame, as an extra. IMO, though, the better option is to pull those press fit bearings out and install a Praxis OSBB bottom bracket conversion. I'm running them in all of my Specialized bikes... Venge Pro, S-Works Allez, S-Works Shiv TT and Fuse Comp MTB. and they've been rock solid.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com