Liner for internal gear cables

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Valbrona
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

by Valbrona

Can't get this stuff anywhere.

Lots of PTFE tube available in 2mm iD but is hard and will rattle.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

5 8 5

by 5 8 5

Are you including Jagwire?

I assume you want fully lined cabling? Liner with a steel cable through it will always have a chance of rattling.
Depending on access you can add donuts / o-rings, cross the cables over etc to minimise it.

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

I have a similar issue. I have been able to get something presented as cable liner but the diameter is too large and it was soft curly junk that buckles when you are trying to thread it into the bike. The curly part is a problem when it comes to avoiding cables wrapping around each other inside the downtube. It's fine for the first cable you install but it's hard to make sure the second cable doesn't end up wrapped around the first.

Some bikes come with good, small diameter, rigid stuff that is often installed as guide for the FD cable out of the BB and up toward the FD. I want more of that stuff.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

sungod

by sungod

there's expanded ptfe (aka eptfe) tubing which can be soft, not sure how easy it'll be to find in small quantities though

5 8 5

by 5 8 5

Mr.Gib wrote:I have a similar issue. I have been able to get something presented as cable liner but the diameter is too large and it was soft curly junk that buckles when you are trying to thread it into the bike. The curly part is a problem when it comes to avoiding cables wrapping around each other inside the downtube. It's fine for the first cable you install but it's hard to make sure the second cable doesn't end up wrapped around the first.

Some bikes come with good, small diameter, rigid stuff that is often installed as guide for the FD cable out of the BB and up toward the FD. I want more of that stuff.

Aican supply "hard" tubing with their Bungurus cable sets to seal the system between cable stops on external routing. It might be available separately.

shimmeD

by shimmeD

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=140825

See linked topic above; prendrefeu is onto something but I couldn't decipher the link he gave. If someone can pls let us know
Less is more.

MichaelB

by MichaelB

I got this from teamssx on ebay. Worked a treat redoing the gear cables on my Volagi Liscio

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/New-JAGWIRE-Speed-Lube-Liner-for-brake-cable-Ultra-slick-lubricant-2-pieces-/301822356050?hash=item464603aa52:g:tYYAAOSwFnFWABa0

Listed as from Jagwire, but no idea, as it was unmarked and not packed in a box.

fh8425

by fh8425

not sure if this is what you looking for ... i gotten mine here. Used it for the exposed area of the shifters cable for my previous bike ...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221611794356?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

fh8425 wrote:not sure if this is what you looking for ... i gotten mine here. Used it for the exposed area of the shifters cable for my previous bike ...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221611794356?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT

That looks like the right stuff. Thanks.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

5 8 5

by 5 8 5

@Mr.Gib be aware that's just "regular" liner. I mentioned that in my original response to Valbrona. I got the impression you were after something a bit less flexible. The Jagwire is similar to Nokon liner and pretty much the same as Alligator liner.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com