THM crankset on a C60

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Heavyhitter

by Heavyhitter

Hi,

Do you guys know wich spec a thm crankset including BB is needed to fit a colnago C60?

Thank you

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

You can read about it here.
http://www.bicycling.com/bikes-and-gear ... olnago-c60

For the ease of things, i think it's a good idea to contact THM directly over email and ask them.
Attachments
colnago-c60-2014-bottom-bracket2.jpg
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Heavyhitter

by Heavyhitter

wheelsONfire wrote:You can read about it here.
http://www.bicycling.com/bikes-and-gear ... olnago-c60

For the ease of things, i think it's a good idea to contact THM directly over email and ask them.

Thank you for your help greatly appreciated

mrgray

by mrgray

for what it is worth i had trouble. i had a m3 thm crank i think (srm) and my mechanic couldn't get the crank in-board enough. now the stated q-factor for both as i recall is 143.5 mm. mind you it might have been a dodgy mechanic. thm certainly seemed to think it should work.
Bobo S&S Steel Bike - 7.5 kg
Oltre XR2- 6.6 kg
Look 585 - 6.8 kg
Look 695 SR :D

madcow
Shop Owner

by madcow

For the C60 you need the Thm bb86 bb, which Thm sometimes calls Shimano Press fit. That along with the standard Colnago threadfit cups and you're all set. We've done them on a few C60's with no problems.

Heavyhitter

by Heavyhitter

Thank you guys . Seem pretty straight forward as per your instruction. Now I need to source one cheaper or used.

jimaizumi

by jimaizumi

yeah, its a nice crankset that will fit a colnago c60 with their PF Shimano cups... but if you're looking to source a used one, I'd stick with one of their newer cranks.. The original gen 1 clav's need a spacer to keep the inside of the spider from rubbing the housing cups.
THE PAST: 2005 C'dale R700, 2006 Spesh S-Works Tarmac Gerolsteiner, 2009 Pinarello Dogma FPX My Way, 2011 Time RXR VIP

THE PRESENT: 2016 Colnago C60 ST01, 2017 Wilier Cento 10 Ramato, Cinelli Gazetta

THE FUTURE: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Heavyhitter

by Heavyhitter

jimaizumi wrote:yeah, its a nice crankset that will fit a colnago c60 with their PF Shimano cups... but if you're looking to source a used one, I'd stick with one of their newer cranks.. The original gen 1 clav's need a spacer to keep the inside of the spider from rubbing the housing cups.

That's good to know as I don't like putting spacers or make any modifications in the bottom/crank area. It always lead and or just not work as smoothly.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com