Comparing frame geometries\fit tool\service

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

itsacarr

by itsacarr

Alright I'm THAT guy. Search as I may, I can't seem to find what I was looking for. I know we have talked about this before, but I recall some website online where you could compare two different geometries \ fit to match a new bike to an old bike. I can't recall if it was a pay for service or what but I'm in a bit of a pinch with time and was looking to order and setup a new bike to match an old bike.

I have the old excel spreadsheet comparator but it's a bit excessive in detail for me to process.

Thanks guys.
Just ride ..

havana

by havana

Editor-in-chief CycloWorld.cc - the largest database of gran fondo's and sportives in the world.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

AJS914

by AJS914

itsacarr wrote:I have the old excel spreadsheet comparator but it's a bit excessive in detail for me to process.

You have to know every measurement to compare. Sometimes they aren't published on the manufacturer's web site so you have to look elsewhere.

I used the bb2stem one and it did take me a few minutes to understand how it worked. I thought it was easier to work with it in Excel on a downloaded version.

havana

by havana

Don't rely on stack or reach only. Some frame builders include the dust cap (headset cover) in their number while others don't.

The nice thing about BB2stem is that you can check the stack/reach given by the manufacturer.
Editor-in-chief CycloWorld.cc - the largest database of gran fondo's and sportives in the world.

itsacarr

by itsacarr

Thanks so much guys for the references :)
Just ride ..

cyclenutnz

by cyclenutnz

frame comparison tool on www.velogicfit.com is free, you just need to sign up
However, there will be some downtime today as we switch out the backend server.

As far as things like headsets being included in numbers - we run test formulae over all the data we import to find any obvious errors (there are a lot, including from big brands that make a big deal about bike fit) and fix or make enquiries where there is an issue. Can't be sure that we catch everything but we're certainly making an effort to ensure data quality. If we know the headset is included in the numbers it gets removed.

Delorre

by Delorre

cyclenutnz wrote:frame comparison tool on http://www.velogicfit.com is free, you just need to sign up
However, there will be some downtime today as we switch out the backend server.

As far as things like headsets being included in numbers - we run test formulae over all the data we import to find any obvious errors (there are a lot, including from big brands that make a big deal about bike fit) and fix or make enquiries where there is an issue. Can't be sure that we catch everything but we're certainly making an effort to ensure data quality. If we know the headset is included in the numbers it gets removed.

Great tool! Just a question : are there updates forseen for the newer bikes, just like the 'new' Canyon Endurace cf slx or the 2016 Ultimate cf slx? The new BMC roadmachine is there, but not the canyons f.ex.

cyclenutnz

by cyclenutnz

Delorre wrote:Great tool! Just a question : are there updates forseen for the newer bikes, just like the 'new' Canyon Endurace cf slx or the 2016 Ultimate cf slx? The new BMC roadmachine is there, but not the canyons f.ex.

The problem with those bikes is that they're only available with proprietary bars/stem. And their stems don't really work with the standard calculation. You'll note that the BMC RM01 isn't listed, nor Madone 9, Venge Vias etc. Same on the Tri/TT side - no superbikes.

I have created a position calc tool for the road bikes with specific bars and will be adding that to the Advanced Bike Finder (the paid for tool) at some point. The Frame Comparison tool was just intended as a way for our site to offer value to everyone, not just the fitters who pay for our commercial tools, so draws on the full database of standard bikes but won't get the special calcs.

As far as updating goes in general - at 190 brands currently so it takes a while to work through all the new stuff. Prioritised according to my own favouritism or at request.

Delorre

by Delorre

Thx for the feedback, makes sense! And :thumbup: for the effort you put in it!

micro553

by micro553

I did a comparing of my current bike and my dreambike Colnago C60

Diverge is 52 with 110 -17 stem and Colnago is 48S with 110 -8 stem.

As I understand not all numbers are at the colnago website and I just took the same as the Diverge.

The numbers seem pretty close but how about the ones that colnago don´t publish?

Can someone help me to see if Colnago C60 is as close as possible to my current bike. As far as I can see it is but I´m not an expert at this!

Thanks
Attachments
Cykel Diverge vs C60.JPG

cyclenutnz

by cyclenutnz

micro553 wrote:Diverge is 52 with 110 -17 stem and Colnago is 48S with 110 -8 stem.

Your spacer height isn't measured properly. Measure from the top of the frame to the bottom of the stem - then we can do the comparison properly

AJS914

by AJS914

I'm not sure about Colango's published numbers but you may want to figure out if Colnago's tallish conical headset top cap is included in your measurements. With my C59, I was able to search and find the missing measurements.

I saw a post the other day with reference to these guys:

https://www.velogicfit.com/pricing/

You can try their free tool. They probably have the C59 in their database.

cyclenutnz

by cyclenutnz

Probably have the C59... Of course we have the C59 - the database grew from me collecting info about bikes I liked.
List of Colnagos in our system (velogicfit):

A1r
A1r CX
A1r Donna
Ace
AC-R
AC-R Disc
Arte 2.0
C50
C59
C60
C60 Disc
CLD
CLX 2.0
CLX 3.0
CLX 4.0
Concept
C-RS
CX Zero Alu
CX Zero Evo
CX Zero Evo Disc
CX-1
EPS
K-Zero
M10
Master X-Light 06
MC27
Prestige
Prima
Strada SL
V1-r
V1-r Disc

The older ones have calculated Reach and Stack.
Also, the C60 data is a bit messy on the public site right now. Will be sorted in the next hour when a cleaned up database gets pushed live.

micro553

by micro553

cyclenutnz wrote:
micro553 wrote:Diverge is 52 with 110 -17 stem and Colnago is 48S with 110 -8 stem.

Your spacer height isn't measured properly. Measure from the top of the frame to the bottom of the stem - then we can do the comparison properly

Not sure how u mean?

On my Diverge I have "slam that stem" dust cap. So I put in 2 mm as that messurment.

On the C60 as I understand there are two dust caps wth the frame. One conical and one lower - I plan on using the lower.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com