New Extralite carbon frame

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

BikeonlineIT

by BikeonlineIT

The price will be around 4.000 euro for standard geometry and 4.500 euro for custom geometry. The availability will be for summer/fall 2017. Some pre-series frame could be available before, if interested I can help

RussellS

by RussellS

BikeonlineIT wrote:The price will be around 4.000 euro for standard geometry and 4.500 euro for custom geometry. The availability will be for summer/fall 2017.

The AX Lightness EVO Ultra is 5000 Euro. EVO regular with THM fork is 3800 Euro. Starbike. So the Extralite frame is in the ballpark of these German made frames.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Gehenna

by Gehenna

I had a dream that Bottetchia had also released a sub-600g frame. I think these threads are getting to me

mrlobber

by mrlobber

RussellS wrote:
The AX Lightness EVO Ultra is 5000 Euro. EVO regular with THM fork is 3800 Euro. Starbike. So the Extralite frame is in the ballpark of these German made frames.

There isn't a Vial Evo "regular" for 2017 anymore. The Vial Evo Ultra 2017 in weight is rougly in the "old" Vial Evo territory.
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

TheDarkInstall

by TheDarkInstall

BikeonlineIT wrote:The price will be around 4.000 euro for standard geometry and 4.500 euro for custom geometry. The availability will be for summer/fall 2017. Some pre-series frame could be available before, if interested I can help

Can I specify other stuff other than geometry?

BikeonlineIT

by BikeonlineIT

TheDarkInstall wrote:
BikeonlineIT wrote:The price will be around 4.000 euro for standard geometry and 4.500 euro for custom geometry. The availability will be for summer/fall 2017. Some pre-series frame could be available before, if interested I can help

Can I specify other stuff other than geometry?

What you need in particular?
For sure for the pre-series you can choose the steerer tube if tapered or 1-1/8", BB30 or BSA bottom bracket.
No cable stops if you use WiFi groupset.

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5 utilizzando Tapatalk

RussellS

by RussellS

mrlobber wrote:
RussellS wrote:

There isn't a Vial Evo "regular" for 2017 anymore. The Vial Evo Ultra 2017 in weight is rougly in the "old" Vial Evo territory.

I'd call this the Regular Vial EVO. Its called the Race now if that makes any difference. It doesn't.
http://ax-lightness.de/en/cycling/bike- ... -frameset/
Says " frame weights in the midst 700 grams class ". So its heavier than the Extralite.

http://ax-lightness.de/en/cycling/bike- ... -frameset/
Here is the Ultra frame. Does not give a weight. But it used to be around 600 claimed weight. Claimed.

mrlobber

by mrlobber

It does make a difference, because geometry is different ;)
Definitely heavier than Extralite.

Ultra now weighs starting at 680 grams, geometry has not been altered, but the carbon layup has. And it doesn't come with the Scapula CT-X fork anymore, just the "regular" Scapula CT (if you choose to upgrade the 3T Rigida). This info comes straight from Nils, who, I must admit, is definitely the guy in AX to speak to indeed.
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Do either of these prices include a fork?

Kristinka

by Kristinka

Hi, don´t you know if there is going to be a disc brake version of the Extralite frame available?

BikeonlineIT

by BikeonlineIT

dereksmalls wrote:

Do either of these prices include a fork?

Yes, fork is included. It should be a Trigon or 3T below 300 grams. Upon request it's possible to choose a THM fork

BikeonlineIT

by BikeonlineIT

Kristinka wrote:

Hi, don´t you know if there is going to be a disc brake version of the Extralite frame available?

Not now but for sure in the next future Extralite will build a disc brake version too

bogus

by bogus

I'm still extremely interested in this frame.. keep the info coming.

Kristinka

by Kristinka

@BikeonlineIT: Thank you for your info :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Bump, more info on this frame please. We're nearly into Winter now (at least for those of us in the Northern Hemisphere). Summer/Fall 2017 release date is nearly past.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.