How to wire up new Bar-End Junction A for Di2 (EW-RS910)

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

lovemyway

by lovemyway

Does the WU111 work without a problem while it's inside of the frame? How close do you have to be for it to pick the Bluetooth up? I've read somewhere it's meant to be outside of the frame, but I was planning to do something similar (hiding it in the ViAS stem).

TurboKoo

by TurboKoo

I have it inside stem and seems to work fine
Cannondale SuperSix
Shimano 9270

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Pokerface07

by Pokerface07

MIne's dropped down seat tube and works fine.
Twitter: @FormerTTchamp https://twitter.com/FormerTTchamp

strangely

by strangely

Mine is down the seat tube too, but I've had the etube app complain about signal when I wasn't really close to it.

1sanglier

by 1sanglier

Hi,
I'm looking for an handlebar "for Di2" (cable inside) which have the same drop/reach as 3T ergosum.
Do you know one ?
Thanks

benzebub

by benzebub

@sugarkane

Would you mind sharing a pic of some alu handlebars and where you drilled the holes for internal routing?
But I could be wrong

w8weenie

by w8weenie

I've read through this thread and see that the 3T AeroNova bar does have an opening to allow internal cable routing for the RS910, but I haven't seen any confirmation about the Zipp SL-70 (unless I missed it). Can anyone confirm if the SL-70 has enough of an opening to allow internal routing from the bar-end up to the shifter? I want to avoid drilling a hole near the bar end to route the cable externally if possible.

I did find one photo that suggests this is possible with the SL-70: https://www.instagram.com/p/BQzDP1flJJW/

bikerdan

by bikerdan

I've got an ew-rs910 and ew-wu111 linked up with full 9070. But for the life of me I can't get it in Bluetooth mode. As I understand it the red and green lights should blink if I hold the switch for a little bit.

I even tried with an old junction a.
Anyone have an ideas ?

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

cyclespeed

by cyclespeed

bikerdan wrote:I've got an ew-rs910 and ew-wu111 linked up with full 9070. But for the life of me I can't get it in Bluetooth mode. As I understand it the red and green lights should blink if I hold the switch for a little bit.

I even tried with an old junction a.
Anyone have an ideas ?

Do you have the new BT-DN110 battery? you need that for bluetooth.

bikerdan

by bikerdan

Yep checked that. Have the new battery....

bikerdan

by bikerdan

bikerdan wrote:Yep checked that. Have the new battery....

Still won't go into Bluetooth mode [LOUDLY CRYING FACE]

TurboKoo

by TurboKoo

Just make sure to hold button for 1sec. If you hold it too long it will go into adjust mode.
Cannondale SuperSix
Shimano 9270

bikerdan

by bikerdan

Thanks for the suggestions.
Turns out I could get a connection without the lights blinking....Then I updated all the firmwares and it now does do the lights blinking when you hold it for a second

djwalker

by djwalker

I drilled my Al bars. I put one oval hole just big enough to get the connectors through on the inside of each drop about 1/2" below my lever clamps. I don't have any pictures but you can get an idea by looking at the pictures of the Pro Al bars on the Pro website. You can see where they put the holes at the factory. I put mine in the same place.
Last edited by djwalker on Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dak

by dak

w8weenie wrote:I've read through this thread and see that the 3T AeroNova bar does have an opening to allow internal cable routing for the RS910, but I haven't seen any confirmation about the Zipp SL-70 (unless I missed it). Can anyone confirm if the SL-70 has enough of an opening to allow internal routing from the bar-end up to the shifter? I want to avoid drilling a hole near the bar end to route the cable externally if possible.

I did find one photo that suggests this is possible with the SL-70: https://www.instagram.com/p/BQzDP1flJJW/

So I just got off the phone with SRAM/Zipp and they confirmed that their bars do NOT pass through and are not compatible with the bar end. Not saying nobody's done it, but she said there is blockage which precludes the use of the RS910.

Also called Easton, as my LBS has not had success passing through on my EC70 Aero bars. Easton rep gave a half-baked answer that they have been able to do it on some but on others the resin creates too much blockage. Bike shop is going to give one more college try. We'll see I guess.. :noidea:

Otherwise I'm ditching the aero thing and going back to my trusty Ergonova Team... :evil:
My 2016 Evo Hi-Mod
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=141400

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com