How to wire up new Bar-End Junction A for Di2 (EW-RS910)

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

idinfo68

by idinfo68

Yes it would compatible...
www.baron-noir.com

Specialized Aethos SUB5
Specialized Tarmac SL8 - 5.35 kgs
Specialized Tarmac SL6 - 5.16 kgs
Scott SPARK RC 900 SL SUB 8
Specialized Epic HT - 6.18 kgs

rsantos450

by rsantos450

Hello, i´m new to di2 system, i have a ew-jc130 that is connected to the shifters, then a ew-jc200 junction to another cable to the frame, it comes with a ew-rs910 into the handlebar, in this case, where can i put the ew-wu111?
And is it possible tho hide the jc200?
thanks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TurboKoo

by TurboKoo

You should replace JC200 with WU111
Cannondale SuperSix
Shimano 9270

rsantos450

by rsantos450

thanks.

rsantos450

by rsantos450

Is it possible to connect the rs-910 to the left shift?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

lovemyway

by lovemyway

Yes, it doesn't matter.

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

Re JC200 and hiding it.. just don't use it it's a waist of timeZ a properly wired up set of bars has a long main cable 12-1400mm from the lower junction a 650mm between the shifters and a 550mm to your rs-910 if you wan to use a wu111 or the older version( cut off the rubber band tabs first ) add a 150mm etube wire to your rs-910 and tuck it into the bar end.. adding the jc200nand using the silly Y wire is asking for trouble. Simple is best, once apoin a time Di2 was hands down the most reliable GS on the market.. that's just not the case any more and shimano throwing more 'bits and bobs' into the system isn't doing anything to reverse the situation

baerdt

by baerdt

This thread has been helpful to me so I figured I'd sign up to share what I just discovered.

dak wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:47 pm
Also called Easton, as my LBS has not had success passing through on my EC70 Aero bars. Easton rep gave a half-baked answer that they have been able to do it on some but on others the resin creates too much blockage. Bike shop is going to give one more college try. We'll see I guess.. :noidea:

Otherwise I'm ditching the aero thing and going back to my trusty Ergonova Team... :evil:

Despite dak's earlier findings Felt's 2018 AR FRD and AR2 use Easton's EC90 and EC70 Aero bars respectively, coupled with the RS910 bar end junction. I'm reaching out to Easton to find out what's what.

baerdt

by baerdt

baerdt wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:02 pm
I'm reaching out to Easton to find out what's what.

So here's what with thew Easton aero bars.

"The bars are built in three pieces that are bonded together. Because there was originally no reason to run a cable through the bars we didn’t clean excess resins from the inside which means some may have a thin wall blocking the cable. On all new production runs we have added a step to ensure the bar is free of blockage but it’s a 50 / 50 shot with the ones that are in shops now."

I haven't been able to find any local Easton retailers yet. Might order a few from different high turnover online shops and try my luck.

nzube11

by nzube11

baerdt wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:29 pm
baerdt wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:02 pm
I'm reaching out to Easton to find out what's what.

So here's what with thew Easton aero bars.

"The bars are built in three pieces that are bonded together. Because there was originally no reason to run a cable through the bars we didn’t clean excess resins from the inside which means some may have a thin wall blocking the cable. On all new production runs we have added a step to ensure the bar is free of blockage but it’s a 50 / 50 shot with the ones that are in shops now."

I haven't been able to find any local Easton retailers yet. Might order a few from different high turnover online shops and try my luck.
Thank you for this checking this out and following up. I was looking at the Easton EC70 Aero handlebars and was wondering what was up with this. I'll probably check with the ones I get and update with what I find.

Also it's my first post! Long time reader and finally decided to make an account lol

audiojan

by audiojan

Just wired a RS910 into Zipp SL70 Aero. Yes, those are technically blocked, but with a coat hanger and a brake housing, I pushed out the plastic "bag" that's in the drops. Took time and some patience (and lots of choice words), but now it's perfectly clear.
"Suddenly the thought struck me; my floor is someone elses ceiling" - Nils Ferlin

P90Puma

by P90Puma

audiojan wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:52 pm
Just wired a RS910 into Zipp SL70 Aero. Yes, those are technically blocked, but with a coat hanger and a brake housing, I pushed out the plastic "bag" that's in the drops. Took time and some patience (and lots of choice words), but now it's perfectly clear.
Nice! Been thinking about this exact setup. Did you save any weight going this way? I assume it's more aero at least...

audiojan

by audiojan

P90Puma wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:34 pm

Nice! Been thinking about this exact setup. Did you save any weight going this way? I assume it's more aero at least...
I don't think I saved any weight, but it's super clean and the only cables/wires exposed are the two brake cables and the di2 cable from the lower box (although that's shrink wrapped with the brake cable, so it's really as one). The build is for a friend that has won her Sprint Triathlon AG 9 times and is 5 times World Champion. The rule changes means that from now on, the WC race is draft legal, so no tri bike and no aerobars. She needed a really good road bike that could make sure she smashed her bike time as ususal. Pinarello F8, Zipp 404 and as clean of a build as possible. Should do the trick! :-)
"Suddenly the thought struck me; my floor is someone elses ceiling" - Nils Ferlin

baerdt

by baerdt

nzube11 wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:59 am
Thank you for this checking this out and following up. I was looking at the Easton EC70 Aero handlebars and was wondering what was up with this. I'll probably check with the ones I get and update with what I find.
A big online retailer was out of size 42 and had a restocking date listed for March. When new stock arrived I ordered it, figuring it must be from a relatively recent batch. I can happily report that the bars are completely unblocked. The cables went through easily without the need for any coathangers, cable liners or pull strings. Much easier than my Ergonovas (Team).

I'm also loving the look and shape of the EC70 Aeros so far. And the big logo in reality is more stealth than I expected.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

extremejetfighter

by extremejetfighter

Wanted to echo, since I've seen posts that it could not be done; I also had success wiring through the Zipp SL70 Aero with the metal coat-hanger method. Everything is very nice and clean and internal, with just one e-tube wire exiting the bar to the frame, which is heatshrinked to the brake housing. :thumbup: