How to wire up new Bar-End Junction A for Di2 (EW-RS910)

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

bikerdan

by bikerdan

I've picked up Dura Ace 9070 Di2 derailleurs and shifters while they are going cheap. Now I'd like to buy the cables too but I'm unsure on how you wire it up with the new bar end junction box when it comes out? Seen the first shops are now listing it...even if they don't have it yet

My Ultegra Di2 setup was pretty easy...2 x 250 to the junction box under the stem and then down to the bottom bracket. But with the new bar end junction box I'm guessing I'll need a short cable from the nearest shifter, a longer one from the other that travels over to the bar end and then a long one that goes from the bar end and then all the way back through the bars and off down the the BB ? Is that right ?

Haven't managed to find any diagrams showing this setup yet....

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Ritxis

by Ritxis

The Shimano distributor for Spain, I commented that in December would be available all the information

hornedfrog

by hornedfrog

Shimano have actually made a new "Y" shaped e-tube wire that they are releasing with the new group. It is meant to make the shifter to junction box completely internal. Don't know if you are willing to drill holes in your bars right behind the shifters for the wires, but Shimano will also be making pre drilled bars within their Pro line of products.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bikerdan

by bikerdan

I've got look ADH bars and they have drillings in all the right places as far as I can see.

I saw the Y-cables but the shortest was listed as 50mm and that's too short from shifter to bar end. So I figured that was for satellite shifters

Guess I'll wait till more info is around

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

hornedfrog

by hornedfrog

The 50mm was in reference to the single tail end of the wire that plugs into the junction box. It comes in three options: a 320mm/320mm/50mm y wire, a 520mm/320mm/50mm y wire and a 520mm/520mm/50mm wire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wingguy

by wingguy

bikerdan wrote:the shortest was listed as 50mm and that's too short

So don't look at the shortest :lol:

mrlobber

by mrlobber

hornedfrog wrote:The 50mm was in reference to the single tail end of the wire that plugs into the junction box. It comes in three options: a 320mm/320mm/50mm y wire, a 520mm/320mm/50mm y wire and a 520mm/520mm/50mm wire.

What's the Shimano part number for these new wires? Can't seem to find them on Shimano website, only EW-SD50 all the time.
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

bikerdan

by bikerdan

ew-jc130

toiyuet

by toiyuet

Timujin

by Timujin

bikerdan wrote:I've picked up Dura Ace 9070 Di2 derailleurs and shifters while they are going cheap.

I havent seen a huge price drop yet.. where did you buy??

ooo

by ooo

I can't even find cheap batteries BT-BCR2 (replaced by BT-DN110)
'

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

I make di2 Barend junction boxes... So the wire up is as follows

Replace your main cable from the bb with a 1400mm
Remove the 300 from the bars
Jumper the two top ports in the shifters with a 650mm cable via the internal ports
Then you need to wire your main cable with heat shrink via the internal ports to the second plug point on your rear brake side.. ( euro is right, Moto is left ) then the junction box gets the last spare port from the bar end via the intenternal rounding port..
Not very hard really

peted76

by peted76

sugarkane wrote:I make di2 Barend junction boxes... So the wire up is as follows

Jumper the two top ports in the shifters with a 650mm cable via the internal ports
Then you need to wire your main cable with heat shrink via the internal ports to the second plug point on your rear brake side.. ( euro is right, Moto is left ) then the junction box gets the last spare port from the bar end via the intenternal rounding port..
Not very hard really

Dude, you say it and it sounds sorta easy, but when you're a dumb fool who cocks every bike project up 1st time like me... the thought of tearing the wiring fully out of my bike is frankly terrifying... I like a learning curve, but even basic electrics on a bike is too far beyond my comfort zone.
You should sell a 'wire' kit with some basic instructions and a bar end faceplate.. I'd buy it!

bikerdan

by bikerdan

sugarkane wrote:I make di2 Barend junction boxes... So the wire up is as follows

Not very hard really

Exactly the sort of info I was after

You make it sound easy [emoji6]

The one bit I don't understand is the "heat shrink the wire...". Do you mean shrink wrap tubing that contracts when you warm it up. Or doing something directly to the di2 cable.

I would have thought I could just plug it into the second port on the shifter

Sorry for the dumb question...

Delorre

by Delorre

bikerdan wrote:

Not very hard really

Exactly the sort of info I was after

You make it sound easy [emoji6]

The one bit I don't understand is the "heat shrink the wire...". Do you mean shrink wrap tubing that contracts when you warm it up. Or doing something directly to the di2 cable.

I would have thought I could just plug it into the second port on the shifter

Sorry for the dumb question...

I think he means to use shrink cable to 'bond' the brake cable and the main 1400mm wire from where it exits the frame until the rear brake leaver for a clean look.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com