High compression bib shorts?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Allen254

by Allen254

i was wondering in your guys experience which bibs have had the most compression i like my bibs to have lots of compression it just feels good when pedaling.
thanks let me know which ones you have tried.

ive been looking at giordana exo bibs they are supposed to have very good compression but very expensive too have you ever tried these??

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

corky

by corky

Just buy a size smaller

headwind816

by headwind816

2XU and Skins offer their own line of bib shorts with high compression. I had the Skins, and while I really like it, I was not impressed with the durability. I always have 3 to 4 that I rotate, and the Skins last less than 4 months (threads began to unravel within the first week). However, that was a few years back, and the company may have improved upon those issues.

Both companies often clearance their offerings this time of year; keep an eye out and you may be able to score a deal.

Cleaner

by Cleaner

Desoto 400 mile bibs. I find that the non ceramico pad is more comfortable.

by 11.4

Giordana Red have typically been superior quality fabric and sewn to give a good compressive fit -- not quite like a 2XU fits, but enough to improve the fit and comfort.

mrgray

by mrgray

q36.5 salopetto(sp?) very high compression and very good in my experience with respect to durability/comfort
Bobo S&S Steel Bike - 7.5 kg
Oltre XR2- 6.6 kg
Look 585 - 6.8 kg
Look 695 SR :D

2old4this

by 2old4this

headwind816 wrote:2XU and Skins offer their own line of bib shorts with high compression. I had the Skins, and while I really like it, I was not impressed with the durability. I always have 3 to 4 that I rotate, and the Skins last less than 4 months (threads began to unravel within the first week). However, that was a few years back, and the company may have improved upon those issues.

Both companies often clearance their offerings this time of year; keep an eye out and you may be able to score a deal.

+1 on skins c400. Recent years, they've been good to me. No issues with the unraveling threads. This year they were hard to get them, however. They may have been discontinued...

sunki

by sunki

Assos equipe_s7. Very good.

Rick

by Rick

I have numerous pairs of 2XU bib shorts and their bib tights. I really like them. Good compression, heavy material, and very nice chamois.
There are a couple versions of the tights. The lighter weight material are for compression only and are not particularly warm. They are good for cool weather rides though.

jrmynthn

by jrmynthn

The Endo Customs Compressor bibs or the POC might be my favourites for compression. I liked the former Assos generation but they wore out too fast for me. I'm currently riding the 7Mesh MK2 which have more compression than the first generation but they are nylon based so too early to tell if the up to 5% stretch of nylon will affect the compression.

superdx

by superdx

I'm using the 2xu compression shorts. The ones from this year are a bit shorter lengthwise from the ones I bought in 2013, but other than that they have the same compression.

Not sure if it's me but the the chamois (especially the front) has given me a bit of chafing on extremely long rides (11hrs+) but don't notice anything on normal rides that are 6-8 hours or less. I guess that's normal if you're going to be grinding away on your seat for hours on end.

boots2000

by boots2000

I recently bought a pair of Velocio signature bibs- very high compression vs. other bibs I have worn.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com