2016 Argon 18 Nitrogen Vs Cervelo S3 framesets

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

justarider

by justarider

Is this a like-for-like comparison of mid-tier Aero frames? It'll be used for racing next year

I've a Dura-ace 9000 mechanical groupset to throw on it. Brakes being the bike difference - have seen mixed reviews of the direct mount on the Nitrogen.

I'm also tempted by the Bianchi Oltre X2 but it's a bit more pricey

Andres

by Andres

justarider wrote:Is this a like-for-like comparison of mid-tier Aero frames? It'll be used for racing next year

I've a Dura-ace 9000 mechanical groupset to throw on it. Brakes being the bike difference - have seen mixed reviews of the direct mount on the Nitrogen.

I'm also tempted by the Bianchi Oltre X2 but it's a bit more pricey

The S3 is one of my favorite bikes so I may be a bit biased. They're probably a fair comparison in the so-called mid-tier aero frame category, however they fit differently so one may be slightly better accommodating your position than the other. A good friend of mine has ridden the Nitrogen for the last couple of seasons, and he felt the front end flexed a lot more into corners than his Gallium Pro... but aside from that appears to be pretty happy overall.

Tire clearance on the S3 is my only complaint, I can't get anything bigger than a 25mm.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com