Saddle Stuhl form Tune.de (opinion needed)

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

UncleJohn

by UncleJohn

Hi everyone,
I just fall in love with the saddle Stuhl from Tune.de, this one, Image.
Thing is that i have a Focus Izalco Max 2014, all black/grey and original small yellow stripes. How bad could it look?! Point of this is dropping weight and get something differente/funny.
Opinions photos of the saddle on bikes would be appreciated :lol:

Cheers to everyone

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Zak

by Zak

I like it :-). But difficult to imagine on a bike. Maybe best on very calm colorshems.

Shrike

by Shrike

Couldn't find any clear shots of it. Instagram or anywhere..

Just this on google images:

Think it looks class, but maybe that's in isolation. Plain coloured frame will definitely work from a design perspective.

But whether you'll love it after a few days is harder to tell :o

Marin

by Marin

Get a "stickerbomb" car vinyl off ebay and make one yourself. With a hairdryer, you can make the vinly comform to almost any shape.
Last edited by Marin on Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

jimaizumi

by jimaizumi

Looks like a Komm Vor without the leather bit in the back.... Its a work of art and not really made to conform with any frame if thats your biggest concern. While the saddle has a gloss coat, it won't stay that way after 1000km's of riding.

I personally like the saddle but the choice is yours.

Fwiw, its one of the best saddles I've ever ridden
THE PAST: 2005 C'dale R700, 2006 Spesh S-Works Tarmac Gerolsteiner, 2009 Pinarello Dogma FPX My Way, 2011 Time RXR VIP

THE PRESENT: 2016 Colnago C60 ST01, 2017 Wilier Cento 10 Ramato, Cinelli Gazetta

THE FUTURE: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

UncleJohn

by UncleJohn

Jimaizumi, you think the clear wont last long to protect the "stickers", or is just gonna lose a bit of the gloss, 1000k is just a bit more than 2weeks :(

Good idea Marin, i will try that on my current saddle!

Thanks for the everyone for the help :)

jimaizumi

by jimaizumi

UncleJohn wrote:Jimaizumi, you think the clear wont last long to protect the "stickers", or is just gonna lose a bit of the gloss, 1000k is just a bit more than 2weeks :(

Good idea Marin, i will try that on my current saddle!

Thanks for the everyone for the help :)

My old Komm Vor Plus saddle went from a deep shiny gloss to a an "in between" matte and completely put me off from buying any Tune saddles in the future. While I dont think this will be so evident on the white saddle, and I dont think it will affect the graphics underneath, it just doesnt make sense to shell out so much money for less than perfect craftsmanship.
THE PAST: 2005 C'dale R700, 2006 Spesh S-Works Tarmac Gerolsteiner, 2009 Pinarello Dogma FPX My Way, 2011 Time RXR VIP

THE PRESENT: 2016 Colnago C60 ST01, 2017 Wilier Cento 10 Ramato, Cinelli Gazetta

THE FUTURE: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

trimenc

by trimenc

I love the saddle and think it is a work of art. I also have a Tune Komm Vor+ and it is still just as shiny as the day I got it, which has been about 2 years ago. YMMV

JKolmo

by JKolmo

It's really cool, I like it a lot!! Only two worries though:

1. These types of patterns are starting to appear everywhere. Soon everybody will have saddles, shoes, even entire frames and whatnot in such schemes, along with full face beards and knee high socks. Then it's not fun and unique anymore, just plain boring and mainstream.

2. On most full carbon saddles the edges are razor sharp and do a very good job chewing your bibs into pieces. Does anyone know how the edges are on this saddle? Are they sharp and bib-unfriendly, or are they rounded off?

UncleJohn

by UncleJohn

Thanks everyone for the answers! I think i will endup buying it, it's light and same price as the other tune saddles. Anyway after some time i can sand it down to raw carbon! :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

JKolmo

by JKolmo

Paahh, I caved in. I couldn't resist. I can say that it's really comfortable! And it looks really cool IMO, I get happy every time I see it. I will never get a full face beard though...[emoji3]

ImageImage