frame choice to move of on Ridley Helium

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

eajohnson

by eajohnson

I took delivery of my Oltre XR.4 frameset on Friday and moved components over from my Ridley except for the brakes (which are direct mount on the Oltre XR.4). It's a beauty. Its superpower, if it has one beyond its looks, is definitely in the descending and cornering department. It climbs fine and is plenty stiff. Can't really say at this point wrt the countervail and comfort because I was riding with underinflated tires yesterday but even so set a couple PRs on a short uphill and on a downhill. It was very comfortable for sure but any bike with tires inflated on the soft side is going to be comfy. Descending I was cruising away from my riding companions even when they started the descent in my draft.
Attachments
Bianchi Oltre XR.4
Bianchi Oltre XR.4

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

gewichtweenie

by gewichtweenie

FYI, this is supposed to be the Helium SL*

https://www.merlincycles.com/blog/merli ... nitro-axe/

fully built with ultegra for 2k-EUR

although it is strictly labeled as 30- and 24-ton CF, whereas that is associated with Helium, as the Helium SL is 60-,40-,30- mix

ourmanflint

by ourmanflint

gewichtweenie wrote:FYI, this is supposed to be the Helium SL*

https://www.merlincycles.com/blog/merli ... nitro-axe/

fully built with ultegra for 2k-EUR

although it is strictly labeled as 30- and 24-ton CF, whereas that is associated with Helium, as the Helium SL is 60-,40-,30- mix

That is a nice bike. Shame it's not available in more colours

beanbiken

by beanbiken

That is a nice bike. Shame it's not available in more colours

That maybe true but the important thing is that it is available in THAT colour :thumbup: :D
BB

Coffee & carbon

vinlokezm

by vinlokezm

eajohnson wrote:I took delivery of my Oltre XR.4 frameset on Friday and moved components over from my Ridley except for the brakes (which are direct mount on the Oltre XR.4). It's a beauty. Its superpower, if it has one beyond its looks, is definitely in the descending and cornering department. It climbs fine and is plenty stiff. Can't really say at this point wrt the countervail and comfort because I was riding with underinflated tires yesterday but even so set a couple PRs on a short uphill and on a downhill. It was very comfortable for sure but any bike with tires inflated on the soft side is going to be comfy. Descending I was cruising away from my riding companions even when they started the descent in my draft.

Looks awesome!
Cyclist x Graphic Designer

jasonh

by jasonh

loved this thread. thanks for the great write up. looking forward to more details on the oltre after more time on the road.

alastairb

by alastairb

eajohnson wrote:I took delivery of my Oltre XR.4 frameset on Friday and moved components over from my Ridley except for the brakes (which are direct mount on the Oltre XR.4). It's a beauty. Its superpower, if it has one beyond its looks, is definitely in the descending and cornering department. It climbs fine and is plenty stiff. Can't really say at this point wrt the countervail and comfort because I was riding with underinflated tires yesterday but even so set a couple PRs on a short uphill and on a downhill. It was very comfortable for sure but any bike with tires inflated on the soft side is going to be comfy. Descending I was cruising away from my riding companions even when they started the descent in my draft.

That is rather lovely!

I came pretty close to buying a Helium SL; good frame?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk