This logo sucks - give me ideas please!\

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

McGilli

by McGilli

Simply - this ENVE in white is gaudy, and absolutely does not look good on the build I am creating. I have no problem with the fork saying ENVE - or not - I just don't like that bright white advertisement on there...

However I want to keep the resale of the fork - so this means no permanent paint, or sanding....

Ideas to tone it down or change it somehow?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

they sale blackout stickers to go over it... usually can be found on eBay.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

joeg26er

by joeg26er

How about a light coat of matte black plasti-dip spray paint? Can be peeled off if you want to re-sell later

Benno

by Benno

Acrylic model paint can be removed with rubbing alcohol. You could tint it darker.

Pugrot

by Pugrot

+1 for plastidip, easy to peel off when sick of it, done my enve fork twice now, second time in chameleon...just make sure to go a coat or two of black first otherwise you need lots of coats of colour to get the logo to disappear.

Also- real easy to matchy your stem and post.....

Shrike

by Shrike

The white on black here is definitely not gaudy.

Not by any sensible standard in design or taste.

Perhaps you mean it's not as discreet as you're looking for on a particular build.

BRM

by BRM

Order the same decals but in black to create a stealth look. (or other color of your choice)

DerekV

by DerekV

If you want to just cover it without any fear of damaging the original paint, then matte black vinyl wrap down the outside of the fork blades make it look factory logoless.

Matte colors of vinyl wrap are very thin, so the edges of the vinyl are perfectly invisible to the eye and the color match is also perfect with the bbq matte black on a 2012 CAAD10 (I covered only the white logos and decals). I am pretty sure I used 3M brand vinyl wrap.

In my opinion, this is functionally the same as plastidip as far as protecting the original logos underneath, but vinyl wrap is lighter and likely longer lasting.

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

I can cut you some decals to cover in another color. Pm me if you're interested.
Www.crypticcycles.com Custom carbon frames, bar/stem combos, repair and component tuning.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com