re : bianchi XR4 .. what a beauty !!!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mrgray

by mrgray

got told by the LBS that italians are saying i can have this by October. Manager said that really meant January 2017. I am told will be $6,750 AUD.
Bobo S&S Steel Bike - 7.5 kg
Oltre XR2- 6.6 kg
Look 585 - 6.8 kg
Look 695 SR :D

KimJaeCheon

by KimJaeCheon

What a beautiful bike! but I miss white and mint colour

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

helldiver

by helldiver

This or the new Wilier Cento10 Air will replace my Sempre Pro 2013 :) It will be a hard decision, both are gorgeous, both are supposed to be aero (Wilier seems to have an edge with Kamm-tail shaped tubes, Bianchi with outwards bulging fork legs resembling F8 fork), around the same weight (Wilier maybe a tiny bit lighter), similar integration options (Vision metron 5D vs Alabarda handlebar), both have direct-mount brakes, Bianchi has a CounterVeil technology which will probably more then offset Wilier's weight advantage. Tough call, it will depend mostly on prices and availability :D .

jekyll man

by jekyll man

mrgray wrote:got told by the LBS that italians are saying i can have this by October. Manager said that really meant January 2017. I am told will be $6,750 AUD.

I paid for a special order XR1 in february. It took 5 weeks before i got an answer as to when it would appear. Was meant to be 12 weeks in total. Week 11, i got a call saying they weren't doing them anymore.
Was offered an xr2 at the right price but it would be another 5 weeks; should have been here a fortnight ago. Still waiting..... :noidea:

Maybe, just maybe, this is why they've lost some of their mystique and reputation.

XR4 does look pretty neat though 8)
Official cafe stop tester

cmcdonnell

by cmcdonnell

jekyll man wrote:
mrgray wrote:got told by the LBS that italians are saying i can have this by October. Manager said that really meant January 2017. I am told will be $6,750 AUD.

I paid for a special order XR1 in february. It took 5 weeks before i got an answer as to when it would appear. Was meant to be 12 weeks in total. Week 11, i got a call saying they weren't doing them anymore.
Was offered an xr2 at the right price but it would be another 5 weeks; should have been here a fortnight ago. Still waiting..... :noidea:

Maybe, just maybe, this is why they've lost some of their mystique and reputation.

XR4 does look pretty neat though 8)

Yeah I've been waiting for a mat black XR2 since Jan, was May, then mid July, now end of August. Still want one but not sure if I should change the order to an XR4 since I wont be riding it till next year now! Can't decide which I like more. The aero appeals but not so much the colour and logos.
Bianchi Oltre XR2 + Campagnolo Super Record 11 + Campagnolo Bora 50C
Litespeed T1 + Campagnolo Chorus 11 + Campagnolo Shamal Ultra

mrgray

by mrgray

the xr2 i have is very nice however if i was in your shoes i think i'd go for the xr4. well i know i would. i mean might as well make the most of the delay you've experienced. only thing is xr4 might be even later. i get the sense that the popularity of these bikes is increasing so supply might be an issue.

anyway you get the CV technology and probably more aero. i guess it helps for me that i like the brighter celeste.

only problem is that the xr4 is even more than the already fairly expensive xr2.

either way you are in for a nice bike i think.
Bobo S&S Steel Bike - 7.5 kg
Oltre XR2- 6.6 kg
Look 585 - 6.8 kg
Look 695 SR :D

cmcdonnell

by cmcdonnell

I'm not so keen on the colour schemes on the XR4 but they may look better in the flesh and I know beauty is very much in the eye of the beholder. I love the matt black XR2 as I'm probably the only person not to have had a black bike!! mine have always been brightly coloured or titanium. The black matt / celeste may work for me... shame theres not a red/black option as I think the graphite is the worst by far. The deciding point for me (apart from cost and availability!!) will be the flexibility of the integrated bar (assuming it's included with the frameset). I'll need a 50 frame but a 11 cm stem, when I looked at the Canyon Aeroad they only supply the xs frame with a 9cm stem!!
Bianchi Oltre XR2 + Campagnolo Super Record 11 + Campagnolo Bora 50C
Litespeed T1 + Campagnolo Chorus 11 + Campagnolo Shamal Ultra

AZK

by AZK

The OP Image colour does seem to be very bright. On this image it seems slightly more toned down.

I agree with those proposing less branding. The bar-stem combo totally de-badged and a few off the frame would look better.

I LOVE THIS BIKE!!

stockae92

by stockae92

That's a good looking bike

Shrike

by Shrike

The Vision 5D bars do come in plain black. Look sick actually and yes, bike would be better like that. Not a fan of matching 'touches' generally. A bit 80s. Shellsuit school of design.

That said, this bike.. hard as hell to make it look bad. Can't wait to see shots of it when orders start landing next year.

zappafile123

by zappafile123

prendrefeu wrote:395g

Yeah, I'd be tempted to run the normal bar/stem... but then the weight saving is probably only 100g for a normal high range setup (e.g. FSA K-force).

Ughhh $6750 is soooooo expensive! The XR2 is already an eye-watering $6000... bumping the price is a little crappy. I wish I still knew the Australian distributor! I got my XR2 cheap :wink:

helldiver wrote:This or the new Wilier Cento10 Air will replace my Sempre Pro 2013 :) It will be a hard decision, both are gorgeous ... Tough call, it will depend mostly on prices and availability :D .

Mate, this is a no brainer - the Oltre XR2 is amazing, the current Cento's have a reputation for being mediocre. Bide your time and get what will almost certainly be a better bike.

cmcdonnell wrote: Yeah I've been waiting for a mat black XR2 since Jan, was May, then mid July, now end of August. Still want one but not sure if I should change the order to an XR4 since I wont be riding it till next year now! Can't decide which I like more. The aero appeals but not so much the colour and logos.

The XR2 is a fantastic rig, but you may as well wait a little longer to get the latest and greatest. Otherwise you'll be left wondering!
FactorOne|SartoSeta|StorckF.3|Enigma EliteHSS|SworksSL6|ColnagoC60/V3Rs|DeRosa Protos|BianchiXR4/2|BMCSLR01 16|Cdale EvoHM|Focus IzMax|RidleyHe SL/SLX|BH Ulight|BassoDiamante|Scapin DyseysS8|TimeRXRS/ZXRS|TCR SL|RidleyNoah|Look585|CerveloS5/S3

Lafolie

by Lafolie

I do have a small soft spot for Bianchi......but I still feel they are the 'Ford' of the Italian bike world. :D

zappafile123

by zappafile123

Lafolie wrote:I do have a small soft spot for Bianchi......but I still feel they are the 'Ford' of the Italian bike world. :D

Whats it mean to be the Ford? Ford make some cool muscle cars haha
FactorOne|SartoSeta|StorckF.3|Enigma EliteHSS|SworksSL6|ColnagoC60/V3Rs|DeRosa Protos|BianchiXR4/2|BMCSLR01 16|Cdale EvoHM|Focus IzMax|RidleyHe SL/SLX|BH Ulight|BassoDiamante|Scapin DyseysS8|TimeRXRS/ZXRS|TCR SL|RidleyNoah|Look585|CerveloS5/S3

luckypuncheur

by luckypuncheur

Lafolie wrote:I do have a small soft spot for Bianchi......but I still feel they are the 'Ford' of the Italian bike world. :D

Hahaha, this! [emoji1303]

And: There's not much Italian left in Bianchi besides the name. Doesn't say much about their bikes though.
Get a bicycle. You will certainly not regret it, if you live.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Lugan

by Lugan

Anyone know what the frameset price will be in the US? When will it be available?