Silver Crankset recomendations?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

2lo8

by 2lo8

Did DA7800 ever come in compact?
[14lb(6.35kg) of no carbon fiber]
[2lo8.wordpress.com]
Your one-stop source for information and reviews on cheap eBay bike junk.

JLS

by JLS

The sugino mighty looks nice i prefer those style of crank arms like the rotor the DA 7800 is okay but im not a fan of the curved wider crank arms i prefer the odler dura ace stuff.

Here is some photos of current build in progress dura ace shifters and front and rear mech are incoming.

Also the deda bars will be stripped and polished.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

HillRPete

by HillRPete

Nice bike, but having seen it now, I'd only use a polished crank with silver wheels. Black/dark crank looks better with those hoops.

The Mighty is also my favourite looking crank from Sugino. Comes in black too, I think.

JLS

by JLS

Going to pick up the rotor crankset tonight so will see what it looks like before making the decision to strip and polish it.

toiyuet

by toiyuet

Some old model SRM chainset.
Attachments
04.jpg

reippuert

by reippuert

2lo8 wrote:Did DA7800 ever come in compact?

sort of - it was called R700 non-series - same finnish and chainrings and bolts as 7800 - but i think the axle was in aluminum istead of stainless steel (the stainless steel beeing lighter). The equivilant ultegra crank also came with two different spindels (6600 and 6600SL for the stainless steel version)

7800 came in a tripple though but the ever too-large q-factor of the std 7800 increased to an almost MTB level in the tripple 7800.

Get a NOS campy Centaur/athena Ultra-torqe from ebay instead if you want the lightests, stiffest and best performing 'sliver' finnished crankset out there
--
mvh. Morten Reippuert Knudsen @Merlin Works CR, Chorus 15, Reynolds 46/66

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

Extralite does a polished silver version of their QRC-2 road crank and it is beautiful. It is often not listed on their site, but you can inquire directly.

erik$

by erik$

Polished 3D:

I haven't polished it again but it still looks nice, although not as shiny as when new. Been using it for 4-5 months.

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

Campagnolo athena or veloce witha bb30 campag bb or the praxis works option of your bike is bb30. If it has normal bsa threading then record 10 speed cranks would be perfect.