Xentis brake pads

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Shmitt

by Shmitt

I want to ask about rim pads for Xentis wheels, in Data sheet is written that can be use sram standard -which is Swiss Stop Black , and XeNTiS X13 Racing which is very simillar to Swiss Stop flash pro bxp (blue)
I find also the pictures od these blue pads:

http://brimages.bikeboardmedia.netdna-c ... eels02.jpg

http://www.wigglestatic.com/product-med ... &h=900&a=7

Can You confirm that this is the same blue pads??

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jrmynthn

by jrmynthn

In my research and experience in writing a review of the XBL wheelsets I used Swisstop Black Prince pads and was very happy with the braking performance. The manufacturer literature claims you can use them with regular pads but recommends their own pads which are made by Swissstop. If I recall, I believe they are a blue'd version of the prince pads.

You can read the whole review here.

Shmitt

by Shmitt

But still do not know if there is new special compound of xentis brake pads,or just rebrand and name it "xentis by swiss stop"

NiFTY

by NiFTY

My understanding is the xentis pads are supposed to be between the carbon and alloyy pads in terms of softness. I have tried multiple pads on my xentis rims. Swissstop green, black prince and x13, but i find the best are the campagnolo carbon pads which you can get for campy or shimano brake shoes. Great power, quiet, good modulation and they dont seem to glaze and loose efficiency over time which was my biggest beef with every swissstop pad i tried on these rims.
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Shmitt

by Shmitt

NiFTY wrote:My understanding is the xentis pads are supposed to be between the carbon and alloyy pads in terms of softness. I have tried multiple pads on my xentis rims. Swissstop green, black prince and x13, but i find the best are the campagnolo carbon pads which you can get for campy or shimano brake shoes. Great power, quiet, good modulation and they dont seem to glaze and loose efficiency over time which was my biggest beef with every swissstop pad i tried on these rims.

Thank you for the answer, but maybe off topic another question - to xentis 4.2 clincher how long valve extender do i need? or how long do you use?

zappafile123

by zappafile123

Nifty... that was a dam nifty response! I think I have some campy carbon pads laying round.

My beef with Xentis is the glazing of the brake track, which, imo debunks all their lofty claims about the being the best brake track on the market. That an rear wheel stiffness... too much brake rub for my liking.
FactorOne|SartoSeta|StorckF.3|Enigma EliteHSS|SworksSL6|ColnagoC60/V3Rs|DeRosa Protos|BianchiXR4/2|BMCSLR01 16|Cdale EvoHM|Focus IzMax|RidleyHe SL/SLX|BH Ulight|BassoDiamante|Scapin DyseysS8|TimeRXRS/ZXRS|TCR SL|RidleyNoah|Look585|CerveloS5/S3

Fixie82

by Fixie82

Zappafile123 - what Xentis wheels are you running? I have a set of squad 7.5 silver lines I have yet to use. Makes me a little worried hearing you find the rear flexy.

zappafile123

by zappafile123

Fixie82 wrote:Zappafile123 - what Xentis wheels are you running? I have a set of squad 7.5 silver lines I have yet to use. Makes me a little worried hearing you find the rear flexy.

Ive got a set of the 20 mm wide Squad 5.8's. Like, its not bad... but its not ideal. The 7.5s may be a little stiffer due to the added depth/width.... then again, maybe stiffness has a lot to do with the design of the hub.
FactorOne|SartoSeta|StorckF.3|Enigma EliteHSS|SworksSL6|ColnagoC60/V3Rs|DeRosa Protos|BianchiXR4/2|BMCSLR01 16|Cdale EvoHM|Focus IzMax|RidleyHe SL/SLX|BH Ulight|BassoDiamante|Scapin DyseysS8|TimeRXRS/ZXRS|TCR SL|RidleyNoah|Look585|CerveloS5/S3

Shmitt

by Shmitt

Is there any real advantage between Xentis 4,2 and 5,8 in category highier speed on flats riding alone.

NiFTY

by NiFTY

Are you asking if deep wheels are faster on flats?
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Shmitt

by Shmitt

NiFTY wrote:Are you asking if deep wheels are faster on flats?

I have to make a choice between 4,2 and 5,8. terrain is rather mixed, just short steps, like hunders of meters or 1-2 kilometers of riding up hill. On the flats sections riding with the same power , is notacible difference in speed between those wheels?

zappafile123

by zappafile123

The 5.8s arent great up hill - noticeably sluggish. But they are really fast on the flats. The 4.2s would be better for rolling terrain.

I dont know, but I hear its mostly when rim depth exceeds 40 mm that you get a real benefit. That would suggest the extra 16 mm of depth on the 5.8s ought to give you a few extra watts.

Shmitt

by Shmitt

I know that is a 200 grams different between those wheels (tubular version).. If that is converting for few watts i rather need ride harder:)
Xentis 4,2 it is - that You for the answer.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

zappafile123

by zappafile123

Im riding clinchers and they weigh about 1600g