new Bike size and fit questions

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

RQBL2016

by RQBL2016

I currently have a 56 cm trek 1600 and it feels just a tad long I think ETT was 56.2. I'm 5'11. I used to have a lynskey that was a size M/L and had an ETT of 55.7. The lynskey felt great, but I sold it a few years ago.

While contemplating a new build i've been looking at everything and while not well versed, it seems most manufacturers offer 54 or 56 cm and not quite the sweet spot I think i need. I know i can do things like change stem length/seatpost setback etc, but i'm out of my element. I've been looking at everything from complete bikes to building up a workswell. Criteria is carbon frame, ultegra or better and light. I don't care about aero frames at all.

So with that said any of you know of frames that fit in my size criteria? and if not would it be better to go to a 54 cm and get a longer stem?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CEVelo

by CEVelo

Yes, 54 and longer stem assuming stack is enough tall for the handlebar drop you want w/o too many spacers.

RQBL2016

by RQBL2016

CEVelo wrote:Yes, 54 and longer stem assuming stack is enough tall for the handlebar drop you want w/o too many spacers.

Thanks for the reply.

RQBL2016

by RQBL2016

Based off the attached bike fit calculator I used can anybody confirm that my findings lean me more toward a typical 54 cm(utilizing setback post and longer stem) as opposed to a 56 which are usually over 56 cm in actual measurements.

After top tube I'm just not sure how these other measurements effect fit for me.

Thanks in advance.
Attachments
fit.JPG

mimason

by mimason

If you feel the Lynskey was perfect then take those measurements(seat angle and head angle, stem length, reach, stack, rake etc etc) and uses a comparison tools from the internet to drop in the 'new' frame geometry and your bike fit setup to get as close as possible.

Allen254

by Allen254

For sure use a 54 I'm 5'8 and use a 52 but I can use a 54 but 54 for me feels to long also reach is to long for me so I'm sure a 54 would be much better for you.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com