Thoughts on best overall tubular tyres - weight, CRR, durability, puncture resistance?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

jahknob

by jahknob

Just wondering if there's any consensus among those WWs who still use tubulars, about which tubulars are the go-to model/brand for racing and for more general riding. I'm not talking about track tubulars, which presumably have light weight and speed as their raison d'etre, but for road riding...

I can't find any reliable CRR info on the latest generations of tubulars from the big players like Vittoria/Schwalbe/Michelin/Continental etc, so wondering if any real and significant improvements since the 2010 test results I have found... If I've just not found the right threads for any of this, please enlighten me!

I'd like to know what would be recommended for a do-or-die TT/Triathlon (light, fast, pray no puncture!) and how the choice would differ for a long day in the mountains (racing or riding a sportive). As before, especially with regard to the latest generation of tubulars and the claims being made for them being the "fastest ever"...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ichobi

by ichobi

Also wonder why nobody tests tubular crr these days. Clinchers are all the rage. But judging from performance of tires like speciaized turbo cotton and vittoria corsa g+ clinchers, their tubular version shouldnt be much slower?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KarlC

by KarlC

Tom Anhalt site Blather 'bout Bikes is well know for this, you should check it out. I am using full time the New Zipp Tangentes - SLSpeed 27C Tubular based on his below review and love them

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/2014/09 ... e-and.html

Here is his cart on all Tires tested

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1224624714
C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12