Canyon Available in USA in 2017 (Press Release)

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

duvivr6

by duvivr6

How much is shipping and import tax going to be in the USA?

That might not even make it worth buying... other than waiting for ever

wop

by wop

Everyone is moaning about delivery times, my Canyon got delivered within 2 months while the estimated delivery time whas 3 months. So it isn't all bad.

What do you get for waiting two 2 months? A great top of the line bike at 2/3th of the price of other brands.

I have never ridden a better bike than my aeroad. Ofcourse there are a lot of bikes who I haven't ridden ;)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

phollingswo

by phollingswo

It's not the waiting time per se that has annoyed me...it's that it was changed without my knowledge. Ordered frame only aeroad, was given provisional shipping data of 1month. The provisional week of shipping comes and goes, I give it another week and then get in contact with customer services. They told me it had been delayed by another month. They had failed to inform me of this though.

Coupled with that, I needed a different length integrated handlebar/stem combo. Was told that I'd have to take delivery of the bike, remove the one it is shipped with, post it back, and then wait for the next one to be shipped out, which could have taken any amount of time because it depended on stock levels...

I'm sure at the end of the day I would have got a fantastic bike for good value. But I race, and I can't really justify waiting two months and having to do a good amount of my season on my old heavy alu winter bike. What's more, if I unfortunately crashed in a race and damaged the frame, I'd presumably have to go through another whole 2 month process again while waiting for another frame.

Cancelled my order and went for an S-Works Tarmac instead in the end...

mimason

by mimason

duvivr6 wrote:How much is shipping and import tax going to be in the USA?

Typically import duty is 11% when I've had to pay for bike parts. The code book is quite thick though.

Shipping I'd guess under $100 but that's a guess.

fogman

by fogman

Most German companies will take off an additional 19% VAT when shipping to the US.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.

nemeseri

by nemeseri

2lo8 wrote:http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=136070

HAHAHAHAHAAA

mimason wrote:
duvivr6 wrote:How much is shipping and import tax going to be in the USA?

Typically import duty is 11% when I've had to pay for bike parts. The code book is quite thick though.

Shipping I'd guess under $100 but that's a guess.

I really think that the main reason for the delay in entering the US market is that they will set up a US subsidiary and shipping center. This way there would be no direct import duty billed to the customer.

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

Canyon is not shipping before late Spring 2017. If lucky, your bike or frameset will be at your doorstep in 14 months from now. That's not very exciting, is it? Many riders get an itch to upgrade bikes and frames every year or so.

Racing is a three-dimensional high-speed chess game, involving hundreds of pieces on the board.

:arrow: CBA = Chronic Bike Addiction
:arrow: OCD = Obsessive Cycling Disorder

Gehenna

by Gehenna

Was so happy when i heard. Currently riding a 10kg mess so i welcome to opportunity to get my hands on a bike I've been eyeballing for a while but previously could not since i live in the U.S. Being a student, i need to save up money anyways, so i don't mind having to wait until next year to make a purchase, or even wait till probably summer to get it. It'll be my graduation present to myself :mrgreen:

Allen254

by Allen254

Hey do you guys know if there any real big differences between the canyon cf slx and the canyon cf sl other than weight?? And would the CF SL still be able to achieve a light weight sub 15 lbs? I know for you guys 15lbs is not light lol but still I could get either one but I could save the money get a new group set if I would go with CF SL

Gehenna

by Gehenna

Allen254 wrote:Hey do you guys know if there any real big differences between the canyon cf slx and the canyon cf sl other than weight?? And would the CF SL still be able to achieve a light weight sub 15 lbs? I know for you guys 15lbs is not light lol but still I could get either one but I could save the money get a new group set if I would go with CF SL

I'd wager it's super easy. Ritchey kit, C24's, and 105 should keep it under 7kgs without a problem, and fairly cheap too. I know a Fuji build i theory-crafted came in under 6kgs, but that was with Sram Red and their 1.1 frame. Add like 300 grams for frame difference and about a 700 gram difference between 105 and red, And that should be perfect.

Zigmeister

by Zigmeister

mpulsiv wrote:What are they thinking? Canyon is not in the position to deliver on time to the rest of the world. After all, they will be dealing with USA, where majority of population want instant gratification, especially new generation.

I know, crazy Americans expecting something to show up pretty soon after dropping $5-8K USD...what are they thinking?!?!

If they don't charge people until the product is shipped, OK. Not sure how they handle delays and payment.

But anyway, it is a great bike the Aeroad...would love one personally.

Allen254

by Allen254

Gehenna wrote:
Allen254 wrote:Hey do you guys know if there any real big differences between the canyon cf slx and the canyon cf sl other than weight?? And would the CF SL still be able to achieve a light weight sub 15 lbs? I know for you guys 15lbs is not light lol but still I could get either one but I could save the money get a new group set if I would go with CF SL

I'd wager it's super easy. Ritchey kit, C24's, and 105 should keep it under 7kgs without a problem, and fairly cheap too. I know a Fuji build i theory-crafted came in under 6kgs, but that was with Sram Red and their 1.1 frame. Add like 300 grams for frame difference and about a 700 gram difference between 105 and red, And that should be perfect.
wait you lost me there a bit,so yes to the CF SL ? I was thinking maybe canyon cf sl with ultegra di2 with my 44mm boyds but I think it would end up being kinda heavy. Idk I have to the maths .. I wonder if the 2017 modelmodel CF SL will come with integrated bar and stem ?

Gehenna

by Gehenna

Allen254 wrote:
Gehenna wrote:

wait you lost me there a bit,so yes to the CF SL ? I was thinking maybe canyon cf sl with ultegra di2 with my 44mm boyds but I think it would end up being kinda heavy. Idk I have to the maths .. I wonder if the 2017 modelmodel CF SL will come with integrated bar and stem ?

Yes, i meant for the Sl, not the SLx. Not familiar with Boyd wheels, but the build idea i was going with had sub-1400g wheels. I was also thinking with Ritchey kit, and i don't know the weight difference between them and Canyon's in house seat post and stem. I forgot canyon included that stuff

Allen254

by Allen254

Gehenna wrote:
Allen254 wrote:
Gehenna wrote:

Yes, i meant for the Sl, not the SLx. Not familiar with Boyd wheels, but the build idea i was going with had sub-1400g wheels. I was also thinking with Ritchey kit, and i don't know the weight difference between them and Canyon's in house seat post and stem. I forgot canyon included that stuff
I see okay yeah, boyds 1500grams 44mm carbon clinchers, sounds like a nice build.also I've been eye canyon for ever and now we can get one. Or at least soon

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

fogman

by fogman

Is this really going to happen by 2017? I seem to remember reading a few years ago that Canyon was going to be available in the USA in 2015.

It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.