Changing freehub body from Shimano to Campy on a Zip 900 Disc

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

clm2206

by clm2206

Hello,

I'd like to buy second hand rear Zipp 900 disc fitted with a Shimano 10 speed cassette. I have Campagnolo 11 speed groupsets, and I'm wondering if this wheel can be retrofitted successfully. If yes, would you please give me some detail about the spare parts, codes and where to buy it? Many thanks in advance.

audiojan

by audiojan

It's a couple of minutes worth of work, really super simple. Start with identifying the hub. Depending on the age of the 900, probably a 188 hub. There's instructions in the original packaging for the hub, just pay attention to where the two washers go and you're good to go. I've done this on my wife's Zipp 900, her Zipp 808 rear and my Super9 and my 808FC rear. Here's another beauty of this... 10spd Shimano hubs can't easily be converted to Shimano 11, but they can very quickly be converted to Campy 11 (since Campy didn't change the spacing of the hub for 9-10-11) and a Campy 11spd cassette shifts perfect with a Shimano 11 drive train.

http://www.zipp.com/support/identify/hub_cassette.php
"Suddenly the thought struck me; my floor is someone elses ceiling" - Nils Ferlin

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

clm2206

by clm2206

audiojan wrote:It's a couple of minutes worth of work, really super simple. Start with identifying the hub. Depending on the age of the 900, probably a 188 hub. There's instructions in the original packaging for the hub, just pay attention to where the two washers go and you're good to go. I've done this on my wife's Zipp 900, her Zipp 808 rear and my Super9 and my 808FC rear. Here's another beauty of this... 10spd Shimano hubs can't easily be converted to Shimano 11, but they can very quickly be converted to Campy 11 (since Campy didn't change the spacing of the hub for 9-10-11) and a Campy 11spd cassette shifts perfect with a Shimano 11 drive train.

http://www.zipp.com/support/identify/hub_cassette.php

Thanks so much, but I'm not totally sure a 11s Shimano cassette will work fine in a 11s Campagnolo 2015 drivetrain.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Works fine for many many people....
Using Tapatalk