Festka One LT vs Festka Doppler

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

And a finish like on this one will be a nice addition to your collection . . .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Denavelo

by Denavelo

My buddy built his new Festka last week.. EPS v.3. So clean!
That's (2) in my LA circle...

Rob English "Mudfoot" 29er | Focus Izalco Max | Firefly #194 Stainless XCR | Firefly #277 | Neilpryde Bura SL 11.9 | Crust Evasion Lite

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bura

by bura

This metallic chrome Festka is the one I would like to hang on my wall. Hyper-cool.
Kuota Kom Evo
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=111825&p=955235#p955235" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SOLD

VTBike

by VTBike

Bely wrote:I spoke with the FESTKA guys this morning - they were saying Doppler!

Also - for anyone who cares - there will be a new series of Carbon frames/One series sometime later this year..

Any info on what the changes will be on the new series of One frames? Or timeframe?

eurperg

by eurperg

benzebub wrote:I'm torn between the Festka One and Asphalt, anyone has recommendations on that front?

I've ridden both, both feel good. It obviously boils down to which material you prefer.

I have an Asphalt LT, it's lighter than a standard Asphalt but they don't list it in their catalog... It was featured on CycleEXIF a while ago. I like the ride of it equally to my Colnago Extreme Power, so it's not a noodle.

duffin

by duffin

Is there an update on ride impressions of Festka One?

I am looking at building a custom Parlee Z-zero or a custom Festka One.

I seek the same smooth ride quality if not better than my Cannondale Supersix Hi-Mod EVO and Synapse Hi-Mod, but with the uphill acceleration these light, stiff frames provide.

Would love to hear an update!

spliid

by spliid

Sadly no help from me. I'm also in doubt but that's either the ONE or something way cheaper. I must admit I really have a haaaard time imagine that you can feel any difference at all. I've only ridden carbon colnago and carbon no name china, and I felt absolutely no difference. Same stiffness, lightness and responsiveness. Only difference was the price tag. I also looked at the ONE frame last year but it seems like the starting price has increased by 500€ this year :-(. Their paint jobs are amazing but you can always get a nice paint job.

eurperg

by eurperg

You're kidding me if you can't tell a difference in how you feel when you're stepping your foot over a generic no-name carbon frame or a tailor-made Festka...

alexneumuller

by alexneumuller

eurperg wrote:You're kidding me if you can't tell a difference in how you feel when you're stepping your foot over a generic no-name carbon frame or a tailor-made Festka...

If he can't feel the difference then paying for a Festka seems a bit of waste of an investment! I find that the Supersix EVO rides better than my C60, but both loose out to my Parlee Z-Zero Disc!

Festka is on my list ...

3T Exploro - Bastion - Baum - Colnago - Cielo - English Cycles - Enve - Festka - ISEN - Standert - Open - Pegoretti - Pinarello - Specialized - Sturdy - Stinner - Spoon - Speedvagen - Vanilla Classic - Parlee

Strava
Instagram

spliid

by spliid

eurperg wrote:You're kidding me if you can't tell a difference in how you feel when you're stepping your foot over a generic no-name carbon frame or a tailor-made Festka...

You are not reading that well. I compared a cx-1 with a hongfu/avenger where I have owned both and several hongfu/avenger. The hongfu was lighter had the same stiffness and steering abilities. However I'm hoping festka is better than both that's why I'm also considering getting one. I'm just trying to put things in perspective. You are paying more that four times the price. But I'm stopping here it's a nothing discussion in that :-).

Johnnysmooth

by Johnnysmooth

alexneumuller wrote:

If he can't feel the difference then paying for a Festka seems a bit of waste of an investment! I find that the Supersix EVO rides better than my C60, but both loose out to my Parlee Z-Zero Disc!

Festka is on my list ...

And I actually like the ride feel of my C60 more than the Supersix EVO. Different strokes for different folks...
That's why there are so many wonderful bikes to choose from.
Speaking of which, took out my '96 vintage DeRosa Primato yesterday - what a wonderful ride.
It only hurts if you think.