Kask helmets - fit

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

HaakonJohansen

by HaakonJohansen

Hi there everyone. Does anyone know if Kask Mojito or Kask Vertigo 2.0 comes with optional side padding? I've currently only tried the Mojito, which was really comfy, but the shape is a bit too round for my head. Would extra side padding be a safe way to fix this problem, or should I not consider this helmet because of the fit? Also, does anyone know how the fit of the Vertigo is compared to the Mojito?

beanbiken

by beanbiken

I have the Mojito and it didn't (Australia) come with any additional padding. I haven't tried the Vertigo so I can't help you there
BB

Coffee & carbon

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

llhh

by llhh

One more thing - it would make sense to try at least Mojito with your eyewear on. At least for me the Mojito is super good fit and excellent helmet overall but it's side plastic bits interfere with Jawbone side arms to an extent that the glasses come off when looking back... which is super annoying :cry:
Parlee Z1 Super Record
Dogma F Red AXS

jdecraene85

by jdecraene85

I have the Vertigo and the Protone.
Unfortunately for you neither have optional sidewall padding.
For me, there is no other brand that even comes close to the comfort of my Kask helmets.
Depends on your head shape of course.
If I recall correctly, people with a more round head are generally better off with brands like Giro.

HaakonJohansen

by HaakonJohansen

jdecraene85 wrote:I have the Vertigo and the Protone.
For me, there is no other brand that even comes close to the comfort of my Kask helmets.
If I recall correctly, people with a more round head are generally better off with brands like Giro.

I guess Giro is out of the question then, as the Mojito is already too round for me. Hope I'll find a local shop who sells the Vertigo though, so I'll be able to see if it's better fit for me.

fignonsbarber

by fignonsbarber

HaakonJohansen wrote:
jdecraene85 wrote:I have the Vertigo and the Protone.

I guess Giro is out of the question then, as the Mojito is already too round for me. Hope I'll find a local shop who sells the Vertigo though, so I'll be able to see if it's better fit for me.

No, it's the opposite. Giro and Specialized fit oval heads very well. Kask,Met are for round heads.

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

My 2016 model didn't come with any extra padding.
SL8 S-Works Project Black - 6.29kg
IG: RhinosWorkshop

coppercook62

by coppercook62

protone fit my head best out of any helmet I have ever bought. Peoples heads are not the same so it will vary.

1415chris

by 1415chris

I have Giro Aeon, Synthe and Kask Infinity.
In terms of the fit all of them are ok with the Kask being more comfy for my big-ish head.
But that comes to indywidual fit and preferences.
What you can definitely say is that Kask put more attention into finishing touch.
Bigger dial (easier adjustment), small foam inserts where the back of the helmet comes to contact with your head and soft leather (I think) part of the strap under your chin. Small things, but when put together make a difference. And for those for whom it matters, it's made in Italy.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dcpdpayne

by dcpdpayne

At least for my head Kask helmets fit in much the same way as Specialized helmets.

As for using padding to take up extra room in the helmet, I'd stay away for trying to do that. You want your helmet to "fit" without doing too much to its natural shape. In a crash a helmet that fits loosely, or that has had to have extra padding added to make fit, will move about. This could reduce its protective ability, especially in a multi-impact situation.