Best frameset under 2k in your opinion

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

iliedanila

by iliedanila

kervelo wrote:
iliedanila wrote:Like that cervelo s3 for example, if I decide to get it, then I'll probably spend a couple hundred euros extra...

One option for the Cervelo S3 frame is to get the Cervelo S2 fully built bike and get rid of the unwanted components. The 2015 models with Shim 105 can be found for just under 2k€. The S2 frame is identical to S3, the fork is different though.

I see what you mean, but if I buy a complete bike when I already have a complete bike... There will be domestic problems :))
It's much easier to "hide" the cost of a frame[emoji14]

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Lelandjt

by Lelandjt

Fuji SL or Transonic SL depending on priorities.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

glepore

by glepore

Yes, the Fuji, the Cannondale (2015-may need to part out a bike), or 2.5 fm-066's. I've ridden the last two and both are fine bikes, although the Cannondale is hands down more stable over rough pavement.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Without a doubt, Caannondale. Got my Evo nano 2014 for less than 2k with sisl2 included. I've ridden an emonda sl, not in the same league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MikeyBE

by MikeyBE

Recently got a supersix hm. The comfort levels for the weight, stiffness and responsiveness of the frame are incredible. I'm sure the new version is even better.

Sent from my 6039Y using Tapatalk

iliedanila

by iliedanila

MikeyBE wrote:Recently got a supersix hm. The comfort levels for the weight, stiffness and responsiveness of the frame are incredible. I'm sure the new version is even better.

Sent from my 6039Y using Tapatalk

It seems that the supersix has a lot of fans around here.
I have an F29 as my mountin bike and though it is a great bike, I started hating everything in the bike industry that contains the word "integration".
That's why I started looking away from cannondale...

mimason

by mimason

There are a lot of good options already presented but perhaps a Giant Advanced Pro at $2050US which is well under your budget would be a screaming value. Maybe you can ride many of these bikes in advance as they should be on the floor demos in local shops.

muntos

by muntos

mimason wrote:There are a lot of good options already presented but perhaps a Giant Advanced Pro at $2050US which is well under your budget would be a screaming value. Maybe you can ride many of these bikes in advance as they should be on the floor demos in local shops.

Funny...not gonna happen this life...to be able to test some bikes in our country...

iliedanila

by iliedanila

mimason wrote:There are a lot of good options already presented but perhaps a Giant Advanced Pro at $2050US which is well under your budget would be a screaming value. Maybe you can ride many of these bikes in advance as they should be on the floor demos in local shops.

Testing a 2k frame in Romania? Ain't gonna happen..
That's why I asked for your opinions :)

DaReef

by DaReef

Specialized Tarmacs start at ~2k for a complete bike.