Replacement rims in 18F and 24R with 2:1 lacing?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

NiFTY

by NiFTY

Have a set of roval clx40s where the brake track is now so smooth it cannot brake anymore. Tried different pads, scrubbing residue etc - its not working. So i like the hubs, thinking about getting them rebuilt with some rims but not a big fan of the uncertainty of the open mold rims. Does anyone know of any rims that come in a similar lacing that can be bought as rims only. I know zipp 404s have this lacing but can't find somewhere to buy rims only.
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

fabriciom

by fabriciom

I'm at 80 kilos and I've been using "open mold" rims with upgraded (bearings) novatec hubs for the past 2 years with 0 problems on practically a daily basis. I use a pair (50mmx25mm tubular) with 20h radial and 24 1x lacing and now I'm building a second set of 60mmx25mm tubular with 20h radial and 24h 2x lacing. I originally had an all Chinese set with 20h and 24h 2x lacing tubular but the difference I experience in upgrading the bearings (hybrid ceramic) was brutal. Thats why I sold that pair I had as backup and went with a new set. By the way I usually buy the cheapest set of rims I can find with the configuration I need. Last seller sent me one of the rims with part of the braking surface missing basalt and thanks to the purchase protection (aliexpress) I had him send me another for free.