Q36.5 Gear

Kit Brand Talk. Everything under the sun, including sunnies!
micky

by micky

Very interesting, thanks for sharing.
But that's "made in romania" labels.
As I said, if you have chance to come in my area I will gladly show you a couple where you will actually see the workers.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BRM

by BRM

Oh I gladly believe there are enough Italian companies left for clothing, but I have read multiple articles that many labels that say made in Italy is a fraud or half fraud. When I start writing here I not even had read that link I gave later. I went out from other info (most not english). Clothing is imported from Asia and in Italy they sew a label made in Italy in it. Just one of the shady things they do.

You limit it to what is in your close surounding but I go out of a wider view on this. Its a pity that the total clothing industry is such untransparant and frauduleus. Makes that when something is advertised Made in Italy you need to use your critical thinking. Many is not. The 50.000 Chinese workers I mentioned is a fact. Prato is a fact. (and not the only place) Their working conditions are real bad.

Besides that more things are connected. An other article says "Bank of China launders 4,5 billion" This all is related to Prato and the community there again.

Many things in the world are not what you expect.
Marketing lies all over. And sadly the cycling industry is very good in it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Without trying to make companies suspicious, I'm curious where a brand like Q36.5 Gear really produces.

micky

by micky

The initial quote that you took from my message was related to what most of italian cyclists use.

We're way off topic.

iamalex

by iamalex

Has anyone tried the Q36.5 'Be Love 0' gloves?
Can you offer any comparison to similar products from Rapha, Assos, Castelli?

They look well thought out and relatively low bulk. Currently a lot cheaper than Assos Bonka gloves. I was also considering the Castelli Spettacolo + silk liners for quite a broad temp range of use. I'm after something to use in the 0 - 10 Celsius range.
Thanks!

cymans

by cymans

sean2oen wrote:Q36.5 is almost same price as Assos so i rather buy Assos.
Becasue i bout q36.5 bibshort once. the pad was not good as same price assos bibshort.
Then, its not my recommendation.
Style and colour is flash and simple.
but There's something more need..

My experience was the opposite with regard to Assos campionissimo shorts Vs Q36.5 shorts.
I found the Assos chamois pad too fitted and there must have been a thread or something that was making things very unpleasant.
The Q36.5 on the other hand fitted much nicer using the Cytech pad. The quality of the materials i think are about the same. But of course, everyone is different so there is going to be different experiences with fit.
On another note, Iv'e just been out on a long chilly ride using my new Termica Jacket.
I can report it is amazing !
https://www.q36-5.com/q36-5/onlineshop/ ... ca-Jacket#

Cyman.

gwilliams

by gwilliams

My partner has the Be Love 0 glove.

The warmth to bulk/weight of the glove is deceiving-the performance of insulation within the glove is high. She has used them in a 0 to 8 deg temp range and been comfortable.

Based on what I am hearing, I think I will get a set

iamalex wrote:Has anyone tried the Q36.5 'Be Love 0' gloves?
Can you offer any comparison to similar products from Rapha, Assos, Castelli?

They look well thought out and relatively low bulk. Currently a lot cheaper than Assos Bonka gloves. I was also considering the Castelli Spettacolo + silk liners for quite a broad temp range of use. I'm after something to use in the 0 - 10 Celsius range.
Thanks!

iamalex

by iamalex

Thanks for the feedback, I've taken the plunge and bought a pair!

yinya

by yinya

Can anybody else confirm bib sizing is same as Assos? (XL in Assos) there was one (and a half) posts saying so, but just to be sure before I order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cymans

by cymans

I was a medium in Assos, so got Q36.5 in medium. If you buy from the website then you can return them is the size is wrong. You have 30 days.

Cyman.

gwilliams

by gwilliams

:thumbup: I have been really impressed by the Q36.5 clothing

iamalex wrote:Thanks for the feedback, I've taken the plunge and bought a pair!

yinya

by yinya

I got the XL bibs today (Salopette Dottore L1) and everything is great (materials, very few seams, nice chamois) as you guys have also said, except the leg length - they are really long - more or less up to where my knee cap starts. It recedes enough on the bike to be ok but I was very surprised about this. I got the socks too, very nice as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slimtim

by Slimtim

I ditched almost all of my cycling wardrobe at the beginning of the year and re-equipped with Q36.5. Multiple bibs, jerseys, snow camo vest/gilet, caps, knee warmers and several pairs of socks (I particularly like the compression version, but my favourites are the snow camo ones which match the gilet). Lots of riding and careful washing later I have to say that I'm pretty impressed with all elements.

The only disappointment is that the winter jerseys, jackets and arm warmers are all too short in the arm for me - for reference I am 6ft 1, 38 inch chest, and 71.5kg. Luckily, Castelli make winter kit with long sleeves so that's now my brand of choice when the mercury drops - very good stuff, especially if used with their merino long sleeve base layers.

Winton

by Winton

I've bought a fair bit of q36.5 this year and the clothing has a lot of hits but some misses as well.

Super impressed by the bibs, both L1 and Wolf Hybrid are top notch as is the Hybrid Que jacket/jersey thing. New be Love socks are super comfy and really warm.

However, arm warmers are flat out rubbish and never stay up, looking like an old ladies tights after half an hour. Phone pouch thing has very little waterproofing too. Stick to the essentials, though, and you can't go too far wrong.

jeffy

by jeffy

anyone have comparison sizing for L1 jersey?

I am Large in (old style) Rapha Po Team & Large in Assos (Mille) Jerseys, but Assos (Cento cut) doesn't really work well in XL (Large is unzippable) :(

jeffy

by jeffy

uraqt wrote:Q36.5 says "Body Temperature Stability Guarantee = Above 15 °C" I can confirm that in cold that is true.. in fact if it works in the heat I am going to say it's magic ...

when you say "in the cold" do you mean below 15 °C? I would interpret "Body Temperature Stability Guarantee" as "suitable for temperatures X"

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com