Pretty Happy with Enve custom service right now

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Briscoelab

by Briscoelab

They are great with respect to customer service. I even had a couple seat posts upgraded to the new 2 bolt style when I had repeated slipping issues. I had an issue with an old style 29er XC rim when those were new to the market, they had a new wheel out in a day or two.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

1flytriguy

by 1flytriguy

I wonder if service like this will change with the recent acquisition...

Zigmeister

by Zigmeister

^If they are wise, they would let them basically keep operating as an independent company mostly, like SRAM did with Quarq. You are still dealing with Quarq and their staff, that is why the customer service is still some of the best in the business.

mimason

by mimason

^Yes and keep lots of forum members on the payroll too so we keep boasting about ENVE excellent CS. lol

sd5500

by sd5500

^ Thanks for laugh with your comment

JPA

by JPA

I'm in the same boat as the OP.

I've been riding my SES 3.4s for the last year and unfortunately cracked the rear rim hitting a NYC pothole... I was fully expecting to go the crash replacement route for the replacement rim which I did, although with the release of the next generation SES 3.4s (new brake tracks), ENVE very generously replaced my undamaged front wheel using my existing hubs free of charge so I'd have a matching pair. All I had to do was send them both back to Utah and have now got myself a brand new pair of wheels. I'm not expecting anything ground breaking in terms of improved braking performance (they weren't that bad to begin with and were a lot better than the first generation Boras I've used previously) but was not about to complain.

I have ridden them all through the winter here in NY on salted winter roads, some gravel/dirt as well with absolutely no issues. A simple wipe with a soapy sponge brings them back to new again every time. It's probably not ideal to be riding in those conditions but I figure I might as well, they're too good not to!

I also asked ENVE about the recent acquisition news as it was announced the day before I rang them. He said it was still going to be them operating independently of their new owner, but it will allow them to get more product out to more people through improved distribution networks. I really hope they keep their excellent customer service. It's a real differentiator for them!