Colnago C60 Traditional vs Slooping vs Pinarello Dogma F8

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

3Pio

by 3Pio

Bogan wrote:I wish I could afford either of them :cry: .

Im affording this on not very rational way.. :) I sold my Honda CR-V 2012, and obviosly slowly converting in new bike :)

And after this rationalisation my daily transportation is Bianchi Pista Sei Giorni Fixie bike :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tooslow

by Tooslow

Hands down I'd go with Colnago.

mimason

by mimason

Well at least your priorities are straight....unless you cant replace it.

joeyb1000

by joeyb1000

I went with the trad because I like to use oversized water bottles, and it makes it easier to get to them.

Ebruner

by Ebruner

C60 traditional. No contest, not even close.

Boom!

-Eddie

3Pio

by 3Pio

mimason wrote:Well at least your priorities are straight....unless you cant replace it.

This would go off topic, but i'll give a answer on this.

In place where i live, most of the city is flat, and even there is really bad condition in term of safety in the trafic for cyclist, everything is bike reacheable and actually im travelling faster with bike then with car (because of traffic jam..)

When i used the car for my daily duties and most of the time for short distances (like 3-5 km), as first i got some weight, stucked in the traffic made stress that we are not even aware, and for that car i had a lot of money trow it away (Insurance, Tires, Services, Petrol...). Also problem to find a parking when i go somewhere...Air pollution is also a concern.

In the past i used a bike a lot all the time, but because of kind of work i was doing (i needed to bring with me some heavy computer hardware), i stopped doing that for commuting, and start riding just for training once or twice per week. But this changed my habits, and even when i was able to go with bike, i was using the car..My excuse then was that i cant leave expensive bike in the public, afraid that someone would take it.

Then i decide to return to my own roots :) and bought Bianchi Pista Sei Giorni, SingleSpeed, Fixie and bough nice lock (ABUS), so start using bike again for almost everything.

After a year i found that most of the time car is in the garage, and that we are using just for holidays and longer distance travelling (which in this period of life is once per year). Since we have another car (Small Citroen C3 Diesel), which is good for city and distance up to 300 km (we'll try this summer one way 1000 km), i decided to sell bigger.. Still im sure we'll miss the space and comfort that we had with CR-V (last summer we travelled 5000 km for Holiday with two bikes in the trunk), but even if i found out that we can't live it without it, i can buy again second hand (ok, mine was brand new).

Until now we dont miss at all (i sold it in August), and really when u start using bike for all daily duties (or most of them), u realize how sometimes we are slaves of our cars.. This way less Air Pollution, more money left (for new bikes :) ), less Stress and bonus: U can drink Beer with peace of mind :), that u'll burn that calories going to buy a Beer :)

U see.. Still rational conversion: CR-V>Colnago or Dogma :)

Now, let's go OnTopic :)

3Pio

by 3Pio

Tooslow wrote:Hands down I'd go with Colnago.

Ebruner wrote:C60 traditional. No contest, not even close.

Boom!

-Eddie

Can u please explain with more details why? Im primarly interested in Performance that i described in my first post on this thread, and second is image and look. So please more details on ur suggestion..

Thanks a lot. I must admit this is maybe best forum i contend on bicycles topic:), and im sorry that i did not start earlier being a member here

micro553

by micro553

I have a hard time finding Pictures of C60 RSBK in size 48S AND 53 Traditional.

I´ve seen som Traditional but only in big sizes. Can someone please post so I can see diffrence.

duvivr6

by duvivr6

I am going to second C60 traditional - No contest

1. I am biased because I ride a C59, but it is the best bike I have ridden.
2. I own a C50 Traditional 54 and my C59 is 48S.
- I was in between the slopping sizes and chose to go with the smaller one, but I still like the fit on my C50 Trad Geo much better.
- The 48S worked out because I can set it up with a longer stem and more drop. If I had to choose again would go Trad Geo.
3. Colnago still made in Italy vs China. To me it matters.

In the end I choose my bike because I believe they are sweet and enjoy riding them. It is up to you to figure out what fits under your legs best.

3Pio

by 3Pio

duvivr6 wrote:I am going to second C60 traditional - No contest

1. I am biased because I ride a C59, but it is the best bike I have ridden.
2. I own a C50 Traditional 54 and my C59 is 48S.
- I was in between the slopping sizes and chose to go with the smaller one, but I still like the fit on my C50 Trad Geo much better.
- The 48S worked out because I can set it up with a longer stem and more drop. If I had to choose again would go Trad Geo.
3. Colnago still made in Italy vs China. To me it matters.

In the end I choose my bike because I believe they are sweet and enjoy riding them. It is up to you to figure out what fits under your legs best.

In this moment i ride Pinarello FP3, 53cm, which have top tube length 54.5 cm, head tube lenght of 144mm, reach 386mm and stack 542mm

I have pretty long Femur, so if i want to be close to the KneeOverPedalAxle, i need to put my saddle all the way back, and im riding this with 110mm, -6 deg stem.

Under the stem i use one 1 cm spacer, and this position fit me ok

I was thinking to try one size smaller (51.5 cm Pinarello, 53.5 cm top tube, head tube length of 130mm, reach 380mm and stack 527mm), but when i start to analyze geometries, i realized that maybe would be too low in the front, and maybe there wont be enough space in the rear to install saddle with KneeOverPedalAxle, so i guess 51.5 is small for me.

If i go for Colnago Sloping:

Then i need to go with 50S, which have efective top tube lenght of 54cm, headtube length of 145mm (1mm more then my Fp3), Reach 383 mm (3 mm shorter then 53 cm FP3), and Stack 547 mm (5 mm higher then my Fp3).

As i analyze, i can find out that rear part of top tube, is 3mm shorter compared to my 53cm Fp3, so this mean to have saddle in same position as right now i should put Saddle 3 mm on the back (this maybe can be problem, since i'll need to over ride STOP sign on my Carbonio Saddle)

If i go for Traditional Colnago it would be 55

Efective Top Tube Length 54.5 cm (Same as my FP3), HeadTube Length of 149mm (5 mm more then my Fp3), Reach of 384mm (2 mm shorter then Fp3), and Stack of 547mm (5 mm higher then my Fp3).

On this rear part of top tube is i guess same length as my 53cm Fp3

So if want to buy Colnago with position as Close as possible to my Pinarello 53 cm.. Which one would be? 50S or 55?

I guess it's 55, but maybe im missing something in geometries chart, so it would be nice if someone else do this analyze of geometries as well
Last edited by 3Pio on Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

corky

by corky

what saddle height do you use ? (centre of BB to top of saddle)....... if the traditional has too little seatpost showing it can look aesthetically offputting....

This is an interesting thread as I have almost the same question(s)......I currently ride an EP traditional 54 and I have pondered on wether to go 50S 48S or 53 traditional, I just keep going backwards and forwards...... my saddle height is 725mm.

micro553

by micro553

Same here alot of questions

C60 48S or Trad 53 - I´m sitting on 70,6 cm

Then the other things:
Disc version NON Disc
Di2 vs Regular
Campa vs Shimano

It would have not been a problem if I didn´t have a buget.

Maybe - Go Disc and non Di2 to start. Non disc frame can not be made Disc BUT non DI can be made DI2.

Or just go a cheaper lighter good bike - like SuperSix Evo Hi-mod

Hard.

As for now I´m thinking 53 Trad RSBK with Disc and Ultegra or NON Disc with Chorus ESP

3Pio

by 3Pio

corky wrote:what saddle height do you use ? (centre of BB to top of saddle)....... if the traditional has too little seatpost showing it can look aesthetically offputting....

This is an interesting thread as I have almost the same question(s)......I currently ride an EP traditional 54 and I have pondered on wether to go 50S 48S or 53 traditional, I just keep going backwards and forwards...... my saddle height is 725mm.

I recently change the saddle, and still dont have the right height. In this moment is 727mm, saddle is Selle Italia Carbonio Flow (low profile), and Crankset is 172.5mm.

I feel that maybe i should put nose of the saddle a bit up, and go few mm down on the seatpost, lets say 3-5mm
Last edited by 3Pio on Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

3Pio

by 3Pio

micro553 wrote:Same here alot of questions

C60 48S or Trad 53 - I´m sitting on 70,6 cm

Then the other things:
Disc version NON Disc
Di2 vs Regular
Campa vs Shimano

It would have not been a problem if I didn´t have a buget.

Maybe - Go Disc and non Di2 to start. Non disc frame can not be made Disc BUT non DI can be made DI2.

Or just go a cheaper lighter good bike - like SuperSix Evo Hi-mod

Hard.

As for now I´m thinking 53 Trad RSBK with Disc and Ultegra or NON Disc with Chorus ESP

for 48s vs 53 trad i can not answer u at the moment, dont have opinion :)

About others i'll tell my opinion:

Disc vs Non Disc - For me Disc and Road Bike BIG NO. More maintance (on my MTB i should replace the brake pads and oil at least 3 times per year, sometimes more often, Magura Marta SL brakes), more weight... Maybe there is small point if u ride a Carbon Fibre wheelset, and a lot of steep downhills, and u are afraid of overheating of the carbon wheels and destroyng them with that.

Di2 vs Regular - Also tried few times Di2 (and EPS from Campy), vs Regular.. I choose for my self Regular version.. Cheaper, lighter, less points for failure (even if failure happened on the road, it can be fixex), simpler...

Campy vs Shimano: I prefer Campy (and i ride in this moment Veloce. New Record is still in the box, waiting for a new frame). And somehow for me Italian Frame with Italian Groupset.. Also i prefer ergonomics of Campagnolo (i dont like side play on Shimano Brake levers going downhill, but maybe im biased on Campy since i use this Veloce for 4 -5 years).

But, when i tried Shimani Di2 vs Campy EPS, must admit that on Shimano it was working smoother, and brakers were better (maybe the wheels changed this as well, because i tried SHimano With Fast Forward Wheels, and Campy EPS with Bora Ultra 35)

So for me, NonDisc, Campy Mechanical

Gavf

by Gavf

A club mate of mine spent 8 grand on a real F8 and another spent £400 quid on a copy, both agree that they are indistinguishable from each other in the way they ride and the paint jobs being very comparable.

Everything that Pinarello claim regarding streamlineing and aerodynamic drag etc, is just nonsensical marketing, the only reason Sky use them is because of the UCI weight limit, if it were dropped to 6kg, Sky would ditch the F8 in a heartbeat

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com