BBinfinite experiences (with Campagnolo Ultra-Torque)?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

uraqt

by uraqt

you are 1/2 right and I was 1/2 wrong ... I got Wheels Manufacturing mixed up with the one that I had read about ... ( I still think that I have read somewhere that Wheels Manufacturing is going to make one for UT...however I found this one on eBay..and I know there are at least one or two more..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/2620238056 ... noapp=true

Also the Overtorque crankset with normal PF30 BB and a spacer will work in BBright as the bearing are inside the frame and not cantilevered in cups outside the frame. (This is what I am doing right now... works great)

Still the three main points

1. all of the thread cups/ adapter add back the weight - we should have stayed with square taper.
2. It's a very big downside of BBinfinite that it's very hard to remove
3. BBRight and Campy UT is not a recipe for success

C

PS I still love my Cervelo, but the BBRight makes it very hard to recommend to friends...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mrgray

by mrgray

this thread is highly pertinent for me, having just bought a new S3 (Bigla) and wanting to use Campy.

Is this one of those issues where people who have successful Campy BB installs (cups) don't talk about and those with issues do talk about it, giving the wrong impression that installing Campy using the cups is doomed? For instance, if I luck out and my BBright is the right size (46 mm) and well aligned, will i end up with a good result (assuming my mechanic does OK too?).

I've gone and bought a BBinfinite however I thought I might let the mechanic have a crack at the standard Campy Cup install first. They seem to feel confident about it. Also I note from the Cervelo forum people have described newer bikes as coming from factory with a reamed BB shell (albeit only first inch or less).
Bobo S&S Steel Bike - 7.5 kg
Oltre XR2- 6.6 kg
Look 585 - 6.8 kg
Look 695 SR :D

arizonahalfnhalf

by arizonahalfnhalf

Nice!!! I've never seen that mr ride one, thats a good option!

uraqt wrote:you are 1/2 right and I was 1/2 wrong ... I got Wheels Manufacturing mixed up with the one that I had read about ... ( I still think that I have read somewhere that Wheels Manufacturing is going to make one for UT...however I found this one on eBay..and I know there are at least one or two more..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/2620238056 ... noapp=true

Also the Overtorque crankset with normal PF30 BB and a spacer will work in BBright as the bearing are inside the frame and not cantilevered in cups outside the frame. (This is what I am doing right now... works great)

Still the three main points

1. all of the thread cups/ adapter add back the weight - we should have stayed with square taper.
2. It's a very big downside of BBinfinite that it's very hard to remove
3. BBRight and Campy UT is not a recipe for success

C

PS I still love my Cervelo, but the BBRight makes it very hard to recommend to friends...

FELIPESANTANA

by FELIPESANTANA

Hi, I saw your message about bbinfinite for campagnolo bbright. I have this same problem: After using the Campagnolo BBright cups and them walking out constantly and creaking and I think bbinfinite is the solution.

I notice a small gap between the bearing and bbright cup that makes him move making the noise.

Does bb infinite really solve this problem?