Are the 2016 supersix evo or hi-mod available as a frameset?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

nemeseri

by nemeseri

Last year cannondale listed a few framesets on their website, now I can't find any frameset offerings. Does anybody know if I can order either the non hi-mod or the himod version through a local dealer in the US?

CTracer

by CTracer

Yes, I ordered a hi-mod team edition through my LBS. At the time of the order (~1 month ago), there were limited sizes of the hi-mod team edition available. Not sure about other models.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nemeseri

by nemeseri

CTracer wrote:Yes, I ordered a hi-mod team edition through my LBS. At the time of the order (~1 month ago), there were limited sizes of the hi-mod team edition available. Not sure about other models.

That's good news! May I ask what was the price?

CTracer

by CTracer

I will find out when it comes in! I just told them to order it and I'll worry later.

nemeseri

by nemeseri

I just contacted cannondale for aftermarket framesets in 2016 and I got the following answer:

We offer The CAAD12 MSRP $1000, CAAD12 Disk $1100, SuperSix Evo HiMod $2500, and Synapse Disk HiMod $3500 as framesets. This includes frame, fork, and headset.

I think that the himod frameset at $2,500 is a smoking good deal. My only problem is that it's still too expensive for me to ruin it in a crash. If they had the non hi-mod version for $1,200-1,500 I would be all over it. And probably everyone on the market for a carbon racing frame.

VTBike

by VTBike

Hmm.. those prices don't make sense to me. Why would the Synapse be $1k more than the SS? I think somethings off. I recall previous years when they offered the himod as frame only it was $3k+. When one of these comes up new on ebay, it will go for around $2k. Doesn't make sense if you can buy one from dealer for just a few hundred more.

If that truly is the case though - yes, it's a smoking good deal!

mattharrop

by mattharrop

I've just bought a Supersix Evo Hi Mod frameset and Hollogram SI with Spiderings from my LBS today - stripped from a DA complete bike. Pretty sure they're not available as a frame, at least in this part of the world.

nemeseri

by nemeseri

VTBike wrote:Hmm.. those prices don't make sense to me. Why would the Synapse be $1k more than the SS? I think somethings off. I recall previous years when they offered the himod as frame only it was $3k+. When one of these comes up new on ebay, it will go for around $2k. Doesn't make sense if you can buy one from dealer for just a few hundred more.

You are right, it's very weird. I will try to stop by my local cannondale dealer this week and get more info on this.
I found the frameset in a UK online retailer for 1,999 GBP which is seems to be in line with the $2,500 price (with tax I guess).

mattharrop wrote:I've just bought a Supersix Evo Hi Mod frameset and Hollogram SI with Spiderings from my LBS today - stripped from a DA complete bike. Pretty sure they're not available as a frame, at least in this part of the world.

A guy on this thread already ordered one and the official cannondale support says it's available (or will be availble). So what's your take on the availability? Did your LBS say otherwise?
Last edited by nemeseri on Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Alpine318is

by Alpine318is

Would $2500 sound more likely for the non Hi Mod version?
2018 Specialized S-Works Tarmac
SRAM Etap
ENVE 4.5

2018 Bianchi Infinito CV
SRAM Etap
ENVE Classics 45

2016 Cervelo P2
Ultegra 6800 Di2
ENVE 6.7

nemeseri

by nemeseri

Alpine318is wrote:Would $2500 sound more likely for the non Hi Mod version?

You can pick up the non hi-mod supersix *bike* with tiagra for $1,820.
The non hi-mod with 105 costs $2,240, with ultegra $2,660.

So I doubt it's the non hi-mod frameset.

Alpine318is

by Alpine318is

nemeseri wrote:

Oh wow I had no idea a regular supersix complete bike could be had that cheap. Thanks for the info.
2018 Specialized S-Works Tarmac
SRAM Etap
ENVE 4.5

2018 Bianchi Infinito CV
SRAM Etap
ENVE Classics 45

2016 Cervelo P2
Ultegra 6800 Di2
ENVE 6.7

nemeseri

by nemeseri

Alpine318is wrote:
nemeseri wrote:

Oh wow I had no idea a regular supersix complete bike could be had that cheap. Thanks for the info.

It's awesome, right? I know I'm gonna get one, I just can't wait.

hilts

by hilts

My LBS here in Norway says that the hi-mod is available in march at 30k NOK (3450$). Our currency has taken a hit, so most of the imported stuff are quite expensive now.

nemeseri

by nemeseri

VTBike wrote:Hmm.. those prices don't make sense to me. Why would the Synapse be $1k more than the SS? I think somethings off. I recall previous years when they offered the himod as frame only it was $3k+. When one of these comes up new on ebay, it will go for around $2k. Doesn't make sense if you can buy one from dealer for just a few hundred more.

I checked the pricing on cannondale's website and it seems like the synapse hi-mod disc ultegra costs $1,000 more than the supersix hi-mod ultegra. So I think the disc specific frameset might be more expensive. Or they just want to rip-off the wealthy sportive riders. Who knows?

nemeseri

by nemeseri

hilts wrote:My LBS here in Norway says that the hi-mod is available in march at 30k NOK (3450$). Our currency has taken a hit, so most of the imported stuff are quite expensive now.

Is this pre or post sales tax? How much is that in Norway?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com