Are the 2016 supersix evo or hi-mod available as a frameset?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

hilts

by hilts

Included 25% tax. Nothing on top of that.

nemeseri

by nemeseri

In the US every price is pre tax, so it comes down to this: $2,760 x 1.25 = $3,450
Now I can believe that the $2,500 is not necessarily a mistake.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mattharrop

by mattharrop

mattharrop wrote:I've just bought a Supersix Evo Hi Mod frameset and Hollogram SI with Spiderings from my LBS today - stripped from a DA complete bike. Pretty sure they're not available as a frame, at least in this part of the world.

nemeseri wrote:A guy on this thread already ordered one and the official cannondale support says it's available (or will be availble). So what's your take on the availability? Did your LBS say otherwise?

If it's available as a frameset then I wasn't aware of that - the website doesn't suggest they are. Either way, got the Hi Mod frameset and Hollogram for a sharp price and I'm a fan of the DA 2 shiny black colourway.

5DII

by 5DII

Did it come with the hollowgrams or was that extra?

mattharrop

by mattharrop

The Hollowgrams (and BB) were extra - but I didn't want to miss out on those!

nemeseri

by nemeseri

nemeseri wrote:
VTBike wrote:If that truly is the case though - yes, it's a smoking good deal!

You are right, it's very weird. I will try to stop by my local cannondale dealer this week and get more info on this.
I found the frameset in a UK online retailer for 1,999 GBP which is seems to be in line with the $2,500 price (with tax I guess).

So I stopped by my LBS and he confirmed the price for me. On the other hand he said that they are out of stock in every size and he suspected that they wouldn't get any from the 2016 framesets anymore. I contacted cannondale support and they confirmed this and said that in a couple of months I should ask about the 2017 lineup and preorder a frameset as soon as possible. I hope they keep this price because that puts them in an amazing position. Basically I can't come up with any high-end frameset anywhere close to this price.