Please recommend a light and reliable bottle cage.

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

corky

by corky

For light.... get an Exposure

Bottle cage get an Arundel.........

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

DurianGrey

by DurianGrey

Another vote for the mandibles or the Dave-o.

I've had the Zipp speed carbon cages (the originals, not the new ones) and they didn't hold nearly as well.

oldturd

by oldturd

Carbonworks cages.. 6-8g a piece.. no rattling, no ejecting, holds very well yet easy in/out

Conza

by Conza

Cheers for the suggestions and recommendations. I've seen a fair few of those before. Dig the weight.

But don't think they tend to go well aesthetically with the BMC. Hmmm.

Rapha bottles are technically camelbak's?
It's all about the adventure :o .

glepore

by glepore

I've recently bought several pair of the knockoff lightweights, they're very light and secure. Was a madible user before that, very secure but do require a bit more attention than I'd like inserting bottle after use.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

barcode148

by barcode148

@glepore would you be kind enough to let us know the website and the store for the lightweights? I've read some mixed reviews lately so I would be interested in the source.

Conza

by Conza

I got two Arundel - Mandible's. Carbon weave. Gloss.

Bit tight getting the Rapha bottle / Camelbak in and out. But the elite vico one was even harder. Shame. Liked that design more.
It's all about the adventure :o .

paulkilroy

by paulkilroy

oldturd wrote:Carbonworks cages.. 6-8g a piece.. no rattling, no ejecting, holds very well yet easy in/out
These look awesome.

glepore

by glepore

barcode148 wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:30 pm
@glepore would you be kind enough to let us know the website and the store for the lightweights? I've read some mixed reviews lately so I would be interested in the source.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Lightwe ... eLevelAB=1
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

oldturd

by oldturd

paulkilroy wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:15 pm
oldturd wrote:Carbonworks cages.. 6-8g a piece.. no rattling, no ejecting, holds very well yet easy in/out
These look awesome.
I agree! And Simon's customer service is excellent as well (he's a user on here!)

dgasmd

by dgasmd

I’d love to get those but at those prices and needing at least 6, it is prohibited or not palatable right now

KHo

by KHo

just bought carbonworks...lets see how they go

Vuong05

by Vuong05

Been using the Carbonworks bottle cages for almost a year now. Simply the best weight weenie option at this moment IMO.
Current Stable. Evo (Storm Trooper) : 5.39kg | Alchemy Eros : Heavy (7.25kg) I Specialized Allez Sprint 2022 : Heavy (7.62kg)

eoolsen

by eoolsen

one more vote for the mandibles, the best i've ever used.

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

Arundel Dave-O cages - accept no substitute. For a 15+ year old design they are still one of the best cages out there. The only thing they miss is the second set of mounting holes that the Mandibles have. Arundel say it's not worth it to them at this point to redesign the mold to add the second set of holes.

Mandibles are great too but exert too great a hold on the Camelbak Podium bottles I use. The Dave-O's exert less force and make it a good bit easier to get a bottle in and out but, in over ten years of using them, I have never even come close to losing a bottle.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com