TOUR MAG AERO TEST 2016

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

Marin wrote:
AJS914 wrote:If Fignon had wore an aero helmet he may have won.

Fignon didn't wear a helmet, so any helmet would have made him slower. Aero glasses - maybe

you don't think that pony tail hurt him time wise ?
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

Marin

by Marin

It acts as a vortex generator

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

knukkeltje

by knukkeltje

Uh oh...

JasperGr

by JasperGr

The whole top five or six even

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

mile2424

by mile2424

#1 and #3 on Vias. I don't care how flat the terrain was.....still the most hated bike on the internet doing pretty good today.

knukkeltje

by knukkeltje

JasperGr wrote:The whole top five or six even

Yeah, if only they had known that aero is only faster in wind tunnels or during an individual pursuit!

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

It's highly likely that the finish line photo would look the same regardless of what anyone was riding.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Nejmann

by Nejmann

You can put Sagan on everything and he still wins :mrgreen:

justkeepedaling

by justkeepedaling

It was actually a slightly uphill finish. Doesn't change the fact that pretty much the whole group is on full aero bikes

gewichtweenie

by gewichtweenie

mile2424 wrote:#1 and #3 on Vias. I don't care how flat the terrain was.....still the most hated bike on the internet doing pretty good today.

so the bike rode itself?

spud

by spud

just waiting for someone to argue that Sagan would have had a bigger margin had he been on a Tarmac, because it has superior "ride quality".

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Nope, he would have just been much more relaxed throwing up his arms for the win.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

istigatrice

by istigatrice

prendrefeu wrote:
BRM wrote:In a road race is not about the fastest time but who finish first.

Would the racer who finishes first in a road race also be the one to cross the line in the least amount of time compared to his competitors? This is regardless of a flat route or a climber's route, the race is won by the racer who completes the course/route in the least amount of time whether it be for the day (single day race) or cumulative (multi-day race).

The principle of "least amount of time" still applies to the principle of "who finished first."

Not trying to insinuate that aero doesn't matter, but your goal isn't to do the course in the fastest time (unless say you're in scratch in a handicap), it's simply to beat the other guys. Sure in a solo move aero will be desirable but in some other cat and mouse situations aero is moot. There's a few more variables in road racing, and I would suggest that energy spent isn't an integrable quantity (where I would argue in TT'ing energy spent/saving would be integrable).

EDIT: oops I had no idea how much further this thread had gone since then :oops:
Last edited by istigatrice on Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
I write the weightweenies blog, hope you like it :)

Disclosure: I'm sponsored by Velocite, but I do give my honest opinion about them (I'm endorsed to race their bikes, not say nice things about them)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KWalker

by KWalker

36 pages and what is the conclusion here guys?
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike