Canyon ultimate cf slx

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

scottmmw

by scottmmw

Hello all, I'm a first time poster on here so please bare with me. Thanks for your replies in advance!

I'm very close to ordering a ultimate cf slx with dura ace di2 and mavic r-sys wheels from their website.
Am I jumping the gun when in fact there are no proper ride reviews released yet and also bothering me is getting the one piece stem length and bar width correct?

Thanks Scott

CPongpanich

by CPongpanich

The Canyon Ultimate CF SLX is a brilliant bike, I believe that the 2016 model is continuing to be the same, which is a brilliant bike. Unless, you are not so sure about sizing and bike fitting, I can't see any issue here.

Cheers!
Chanon

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

scottmmw

by scottmmw

Thanks for the above, I've read those already and was trying to ride a further review than first impressions. Obviously the last model had good reviews and this should continue that on further.

outnumbered

by outnumbered

A lot of the stuff in reviews is highly subjective/exaggerated/made up to fill column inches, anyway.

The good thing about Canyon bikes is they are great value, and pretty light too. If you are confident you know what size you want, and like the look of them, you can't really go far wrong. If your size isn't in stock when you order, you may have a long and frustrating wait though.

Personally I wouldn't be confident enough that the integrated bar/stem would be close enough to my fit, so would never buy one on a mail-order bike.

bici1977
in the industry

by bici1977

outnumbered wrote:.....

Personally I wouldn't be confident enough that the integrated bar/stem would be close enough to my fit, so would never buy one on a mail-order bike.

Well, they offer several length in various width of cockpits, plus you have the reach and stack for the frame. Shouldnt be too difficult to order the right setup. In any case, they exchange the cockpit if you somehow ordered the wrong one still...

Not that bad really.

scottmmw

by scottmmw

Yeah I've their order catalogue and you can get it in various lengths and widths. If it's true about them exchanging the cockpit if the wrong size is orders then that gives me some reassurance. Need to give them a call to get exact details, thanks

scottmmw

by scottmmw

MOONSUNGJOON wrote:it’s very good

Going off what evidence?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sawyer

by sawyer

The integrated bar stem point is a good one

The range of sizes is better than most offer, though still obviously nothing like having a separate bar/stem set-up to get fit right.

That said, you could just sell the bar/stem if you don't like it
----------------------------------------
Stiff, Light, Aero - Pick Three!! :thumbup: