Supersix vs madone '14 vs Fuji SL

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mts595

by mts595

This is what I have narrowed my list down to:

1. Cannondale SuperSix '15 team replica. size 54cm

2. Trek Madone '14 7 series H1 geometry. size 54. Direct mount shimano brakes with a slight aero benefit. Closest thing in the States you can get to a Canyon Aeroad...Plus plenty of bargains out there. Same with Dale.

3. Fuji SL 1.1 This one is self explanatory... $1900 for a superlight frameset! Would look good with this setup. Have not test ridden but reviews seem very positive. Negatives: no bling factor like trek/dale imo...

Will be outfitted with :
Pro vibe carbon bar 42 and vibe 7s stem
Pro vibe 0 setback seatpost (except trek)
selle italia slr carbon rails
full DA 9000
shimano cables/housing
Time xpresso 12 pedals
Fulcrum racing speed with Veloflex carbon tubs AND older model ZIpp 303's with FMB's
Swiss stop brake pads
cineli cork bt

I think the build is interesting as I have always like Pro. Fulcrum racing speeds ride great and with shimano it is like the best of both worlds. Shimano and campy blend that is perfect. Time pedals you cannot go wrong with the float coming from speedplay zeros...DA 9000 makes the build seem even more practical in my opinion. I am leaning towards a leftover team edition dale or Trek... For some reason I think this build would look really nice on the 7 series madone with silver and black.

Any input would be great, cheers

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

You can get a 5mm setback seatmast with the Madone like I did, it's not zero setback but close. You can ask me about anything regarding the bike, I've had it for close to 3 years and am still loving it.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

joepac

by joepac

All the frames are pretty close in weight, so I wouldn't get too hung up on that. The aero edge of the madone and supersix are appealing. Personally, I passed on the last model of the Supersix for Specialized because it just felt too dull/muted when laying down power. I haven't tried the new one, it could be different (but I would't hold my breath). The last Madone is also more aero and pretty light, but I have heard bad things about the rear brake. I have not ridden one, but I assume they are pretty stiff (I have seen several bigger guys on them). It seems like a good all around bike, especially if you replace the rear brake. If you don't care for aero gains then I would get the Fuji in a heart beat. You get to save a bundle and have a really light frame. Tour seemed pretty impressed with it in their review. The R5 is another frame to consider if you want both pretty aero and light. Never tried one, but people who own them seem to love them.

Keep in mind that I like to sprint and weigh 77 kg, so my impression of a bike might be totally different than yours (I get the feeling you're more of a climber based on your bike choices).

thewallace

by thewallace

I'd get the SL, its the most up to date and modern frame you've listed, and would make the best bike there

calvin

by calvin

+1 for Trek Madone
FXKalvis15 code at @montonsports