Need replacement chain for Sram Red

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

addictR1

by addictR1

MarkTwain wrote:
bikerjulio wrote:
addictR1 wrote:prendrefeu: are Yaban chains loud? since someone mentioned KMC will be loud.

and you instantly believed that?

Have you seen the questions he asks? Waiting for a new post on what to have for breakfast.

But do want to find out more about SRAM and using another chain. Was not aware of this.

ouch~

bikerjulio

by bikerjulio

MarkTwain wrote:
bikerjulio wrote:
addictR1 wrote:prendrefeu: are Yaban chains loud? since someone mentioned KMC will be loud.

and you instantly believed that?

Have you seen the questions he asks? Waiting for a new post on what to have for breakfast.

But do want to find out more about SRAM and using another chain. Was not aware of this.

Not quite sure what that means.

But let's start again.

I have personally used many different chains on many different cassettes (brands I mean). I don't buy into any proprietary claims for differences in compatibility.
There's sometimes a buggy.
How many drivers does a buggy have?

One.

So let's just say I'm drivin' this buggy...
and if you fix your attitude you can ride along with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GekiIMh4ZkM

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rpenmanparker

by rpenmanparker

KMC X10SL or X11SL is the best, lightest and quietest chain for SRAM drivetrains. I have experienced it first hand. Especially true with the Red cassette.
Last edited by rpenmanparker on Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Robert

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

No, they are not loud. Technically no chain is loud. Some are "quieter" than others due to the materials used, but none are loud by themselves.

The loudness comes through the cassette you are using (its echoing of sound), chain lube, and environmental conditions affecting the lube's performance.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

HakeemT

by HakeemT

Indeed have a look at Yaban. I used to ride Dura-Ace chains exclusively (on my SRAM groupsets as I never liked the SRAM chains), but have switched to Yaban roughly a year ago. I think they're a bit lighter and you can typically find a good deal on ebay. I also get a bit more life out of a Yaban chain than a Dura-Ace one.

addictR1

by addictR1

thanks guys.. i'll look into Yaban and KMC. saw some 09 Addict with gold chains on here.. might be interesting to do with gold jagwire cables too. the rest is all carbon or black.

nickf

by nickf

I have been running kmc x10sl chains for years with great success on full sram red groups. They last a good while to. I go with the gold Mr. T version. I get them on eBay for around $40 shipped for a 10 speed chain from a USA seller. I use nfs chain lube to keep the noise away. OG cassettes can be noisy.